WAG Level 2 bar deduction question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

amiandjim

Proud Parent
Hey guys, have a quick question about the level 2 bar routine. I know hooking your knee at the end of the mill circle is a 0.5 deduction in level 3 and had always assumed the same for level 2. I am now hearing their is no deduction for hooking the knee in level 2. Any judges or coaches want to weigh in?

No deduction for hooking the knee to help complete the mill circle in level 2. That said, I try to teach my kids a straight leg mill circle from the get-go. Easier than reteaching them not to bend their leg when they move to level 3.

No deduction for hooking the knee to help complete the mill circle in level 2. That said, I try to teach my kids a straight leg mill circle from the get-go. Easier than reteaching them not to bend their leg when they move to level 3.

Thank you! Our gym also teaches it as straight leg. It only came up because the other night they were supposed to "stick" 5 proper bar routines to get a reward and my daughter told the coach she didn't "deserve" the reward because she bent her knee on one of the mills and that is as bad as a fall. That led to a discussion between myself and another gym mom. I think I shall just let DD keep thinking it's 0.5 so she keeps her leg straight

Reactions: sce
Thank you! Our gym also teaches it as straight leg. It only came up because the other night they were supposed to "stick" 5 proper bar routines to get a reward and my daughter told the coach she didn't "deserve" the reward because she bent her knee on one of the mills and that is as bad as a fall. That led to a discussion between myself and another gym mom. I think I shall just let DD keep thinking it's 0.5 so she keeps her leg straight

With my level 2s, I don't count bent leg mill circles as "made routines" either. They have to have a consistent straight leg mill circle before they move to level 3. They all want to move to level 3- that's their motivation.

With my level 2s, I don't count bent leg mill circles as "made routines" either. They have to have a consistent straight leg mill circle before they move to level 3. They all want to move to level 3- that's their motivation.

It was funny because the coach didn't see her leg bend (multiple girls on multiple bars), and went to give her the prize. DD told her no, so the coach gave her an even bigger prize for "being honest and working hard"

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back