WAG Level 3 handstand on beam...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnast9272, post:
"It's high kick handstand, split on top, then come down. i know because im IN level 3.

You might want to check again my dd has did two meets and got deduction at first one for not going vertical.

Gymnast9272, post:
"It's high kick handstand, split on top, then come down. i know because im IN level 3.

You might want to check again my dd has did two meets and got deduction at first one for not going vertical.

Lol, berri, that is what I was going to say.
Gymnast9272, that was what it was SUPPOSED to be originally... then they changed it. The feet must come together in a vertical handstand... no hold required though.

no....regular handstand, feet together, to vertical. I watched about 100 girls do this today!

Okay.. that's what I thought. My daughter's coaches have been telling them to do the split and then come down in a T.. but no one else did the split it at the meet yesterday.

In level 3 and 4 the legs have to join. If they do a full handstand with feet together and then split their legs and step down, that's probably fine but might not actually look very smooth because the back leg would go away from the pathway of the body. And if they held the split to minimize that, it would probably be a rhythm issue.

I'm not sure what the text says; but my DD just had her level 3 state meet and all of the girls went up to a handstand, it had to be vertical, and then they came down. My DD has been scoring 9s on beam and never did it as the split. I saw a 9.8 on beam this weekend and there was no split (the 9.8 was not my DD). Several of the coaches at our gym are judges, so I'd assume that they are teaching our girls the correct skills...

It's a regular legs together handstand. There's no question or option about it. It's been a regular handstand since May.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back