Parents Level 3 State - VIDEO

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

She made those routines look like they were her own, not compulsory routines. Her bars were amazing, beam and floor were graceful, she just rocked the whole meet. She did awesome!! Tell her she is a lovely gymnast!

WOW she has great form I can see her moving up though the levels very quickly.
I love her leo too.

WOW I have never seen the level 3 routines performed so well! Your DD has beautiful lines on all th events

Her routines are beautiful. Just a nosey question...why did she not do l4 this year? Our gym does not do l3, so maybe that is a strange question, but she looks like she was more than capable of doing l4.

Hi, not nosey at all! We changed gyms in May of last year and she did summer training at her current gym. She was flexible and had good form, but honestly, she was really lacking in the strength department. I'm talking not even being able to climb the rope up halfway ( a year later she can now climb up in the pike position..thankyou TOPS:D). So really, they just wanted to give her time to get stronger and fix some things she had learned incorrectly. Our gym does L2 & L3 as developement with alot of focus on conditioning....then they tend to move up pretty quick, usually doing 4/5 in a year and then 6/7 and then up to 8. It's a big jump, but the girls are so conditioned, most of them do it well. We are lucky to also have awesome coaches!!

Thanks so much for all the kind words...

Wow! I left a message on youtube, but I'll comment here too. Love her form! She is a beautiful gymnast. She will do great at L4/5 next season. Way to go. How old is your dd?

Just being nosey, how far behind was the 2nd place AA? I'm betting pretty far behind her.

Hi nw ohio...she just turned 8, and the 2nd place AA was a 38.15...by the way, my dd is obsessed with your dd's stradle jump on floor, she loves to watch her floor!!

Hi nw ohio...she just turned 8, and the 2nd place AA was a 38.15...by the way, my dd is obsessed with your dd's stradle jump on floor, she loves to watch her floor!!

A whole pt. ahead of the competition, fantastic! I can't wait to see her videos for her next season.

Tell your dd thanks, I'll make sure to tell Kelsey how much your dd loves her straddle jump. You'll have to check out her "fun performance". Her gym put on a spring show and had some fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg1kgSkCmgg

http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/parent-forum/20842-fun-performance.html

I subscribed to your youtube, so I will definately keep up with how your dds doing. She will ROCK the L4/L5 season.

I saw the video earlier but hadn't had a chance to respond properly but this was an AMAZING level 3 routine! Talk about perfection, form, lines, etc. I bet Kylie is still gleaming from receiving a perfect 10! She is going to totally rock level 4! I bet Olaya was estatic and proud of her gymmie!! Way to go!:D

Wow! She looked GREAT! She is going to have a great season in L4/5. The conditionig and technique that they give her at her gym are evident, and this will serve her well through the levels. Thanks for sharing the vid, she's amazing. :D

That is the video that all L3 parents should see so that they understand why the scores are what they are. She did an amazing job and clearly deserved that 10, I couldn't pick on a thing. She must have some great coaches.

Holy Wow! She is SO ready for L4. The connections were seemless, and skills were textbook. Awesome. Floor was spot-on perfect. What did she score??

The Imperial queen of gymnastics fairies certainly paid a visit to your gym. :)

It's interesting to see the variations of the standard USAG routines. Such as, She didn't do a stride circle on bars (her leg cut looked fantastic), and she did a qtr turn dismount on beam (i.e. L4 dismount). I'd be curious as to who makes these decisions. I could only imagine it being a regional agreement. We have some variations as well that aren't part of the 'official' routine.

Tim-dad- It was level 3 AAU, that is why the routines were slightly different. :) And to make it even more confusing, different states/regions have different routines it seems for AAU level 3. I have seen girls do shoot through, mill circles, etc.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back