WAG Level 4 or struggle through level 6??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd moved from level 3 to level 6 (with a score out of 4 and 5 at 1 sanctioned meet). I am glad we jumped but to be honest, it was very tough. She had a great level 6 season, finishing mostly in the top, but it wasn't for the faint of heart. She is now training level 7.

Good luck with your decisions.

And can I just say I pray it isn't a horrible struggle! We truly are ok in every area but bars. This said, I am not stupid. If bars aren't there, you don't move up. Coach just talked to me and said they are going to make everything else exceptional so she can bungle through...the problem is her hands are so darn tiny. She is working on grip strength drills. Ugh. And can I just say I would be happy for her to be a level 4...but my child would NOT. So...I say lots of good thoug ht s to the man upstairs....

And can I just say I pray it isn't a horrible struggle! We truly are ok in every area but bars. This said, I am not stupid. If bars aren't there, you don't move up. Coach just talked to me and said they are going to make everything else exceptional so she can bungle through...the problem is her hands are so darn tiny. She is working on grip strength drills. Ugh. And can I just say I would be happy for her to be a level 4...but my child would NOT. So...I say lots of good thoug ht s to the man upstairs....
Thank you. I'm pretty good at bars and I have a lot of things that I need in level 5 & 6 so I'm pretty sure bars is an okay in that one

Also, what level has your coach said you should do?
Well he said he has to see how well I do over the summer, until he decides what level I would be. But I got some hints that I will probably be going to 6. For the summer groups he put me with the 6 & 7s. And I'm working on level 6 stuff and it's pretty good...☺️

My dd moved from level 3 to level 6 (with a score out of 4 and 5 at 1 sanctioned meet). I am glad we jumped but to be honest, it was very tough. She had a great level 6 season, finishing mostly in the top, but it wasn't for the faint of heart. She is now training level 7.

Good luck with your decisions.
Thank you. So must be pretty good at gymnastics:) I know it will be hard but I'm willing to work hard for it

In Ontario, many clubs are opting to jump their athletes from 4 to 6 since (at the moment) we don't have a score out requirement. That said....your coach will make the decision as to what level you compete at so I wouldn't stress about it. It is unlikely that they would move you from level 3 through to competing level 6. Personally, I think it would be better to compete where you'll be successful, than to have a discouraging higher level year just for the sake of being a higher level. There is no rule saying that you can't/won't up train.

In Ontario, many clubs are opting to jump their athletes from 4 to 6 since (at the moment) we don't have a score out requirement. That said....your coach will make the decision as to what level you compete at so I wouldn't stress about it. It is unlikely that they would move you from level 3 through to competing level 6. Personally, I think it would be better to compete where you'll be successful, than to have a discouraging higher level year just for the sake of being a higher level. There is no rule saying that you can't/won't up train.
Okay thank you. I will let the coach decide :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back