WAG Level 5 vs 6 vs 7

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I hope that someone will clarify for you, but I don't think the side aerial can be done until L9. In FIG it is a D, so if it is as part of JO as well, not only is it unnecessary, even for next year if she moves to L8 she'd actually be deducted by 0.5 points for doing it as penalty for a restricted move.

Love that she is learning new things, but they should be kept in the skill "bank" as I call it, and brought out when required, and they're already perfected.

I am another one who really has appreciated the fact that our gym competed L6 vs. L5. The girls were so tired of compulsory and ready for their own routines. As has been mentioned earlier, I think every single one of our L6s (and we have a lot) have come away medaling in at least 1 event and feeling very good about themselves, even if they have a mental block on something. This has been a really positive year for her and she actually looks at the skills she needs for L7 as something she can get this spring and early summer and then begin working the L8 upgrades as well. Basically, she doesn't feel behind the 8-ball and therefore the stress is a lot less.

We did L6 this year and not L5. The kids at 6 did Platinum last year and have done really well with L6. Not sure what next year will bring, but I personally have loved coaching L6 instead of L5. The majority of the L6s will do either L7 or score out and go L8. Many of our current L4s (all were old L5) will score out of 5 and do 6 or 7 next year. We took this year to stay at current level and try to catch up on weak events and improve body shaping etc. It seems to have worked so far.

I misunderstood her and thought they threw in this routine. I imagine because her season is basically done with only 2 competitions left they are working it at practice into a routine. Like I said I need to get somewhat more involved.

Thank you all for the info. I did just pull up a chart of requirements and although I may not fully understand everything on here I see what you are referring to. I think she can take a step back in competition with some skills and work on them in the gym only. We are in no hurry to move up levels she is recreational.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back