Gymnasts Level 7 back pass

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kylie

Gymnast
I am currently Xcel Platinum, training level 7. I have competed my back full this entire season. I was wondering if you had to do roundoff handspring layout? Could the layout be a full or does it have to be a layout?

I am currently Xcel Platinum, training level 7. I have competed my back full this entire season. I was wondering if you had to do roundoff handspring layout? Could the layout be a full or does it have to be a layout?
You need a layout with no twists in 7. It could be either front or back. So if you have your front layout, you could still compete your full.

You need a layout with no twists in 7. It could be either front or back. So if you have your front layout, you could still compete your full.
Adding into this you need a flight+salto pass in L7. You can do the backfull, but a front layout would need to be connected to a front tuck to meet the requirements.

Adding into this you need a flight+salto pass in L7. You can do the backfull, but a front layout would need to be connected to a front tuck to meet the requirements.
Aren't round offs/back handsprings flight? So RO Back full and RO BHS back full would also fulfill requirements (just curious - I'm not super technical with requirements)

Aren't round offs/back handsprings flight? So RO Back full and RO BHS back full would also fulfill requirements (just curious - I'm not super technical with requirements)
I wasn’t specific enough in the post but you need a front and back acro series. Yes a ro back full meets the back pass requirements, but a front acro series would have to be a front handspring front layout at minimum so a flight skill would be connected to a flip and the layout required in L7.

Follow up question, does the layout have to be round off handspring layout or just roundoff layout. I’ve read contradictory things and want to see if it has to be in a pass of 3 skills

Follow up question, does the layout have to be round off handspring layout or just roundoff layout. I’ve read contradictory things and want to see if it has to be in a pass of 3 skills
From what I can see from the reqs, no. You just need a salto connected to an Acro skill which could be fulfilled by a ro layout.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back