WAG Level 7 Vault Changes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm assuming it's an choice, where you can do the FHS vault or the timer.....we were hoping this would take effect now, but not luck.....if my dd stays 7 next year, then at least there is some relief from the repetitious FHS vault.....if she is lucky enough to to get to 8, then she will do the yurchenko for sure.

Thanks to all! I thought that's what we had discussed earlier this year, but then I came across an Optionals Requirements Chart that said it was effective through July 2018, and I started wondering if the changes fell through. Looking forward to more details next Spring or Summer.

View attachment 6438

You're right, when you pull up any of the charts (optional requirements or cheat sheets, all of which have revision dates of Sep of this year) they say 2013-18; however the COP still says 2013-2017...I dunno.
And yes, to the other posters, there are continuously small changes and not so small changes and constant revisions are updated on the USAG site...for example last year they instituted that crazy rule about 1st vault counting for L8 and then they changed it back for this coming year...

Ok, from the May JO committee minutes:

10. Discussion regarding the Junior Olympic Vault requirements for Levels 1-10. The JO Committee is working on a proposal for limited implementation into the JO Program in August, 2018. I guess it is Summer 2018.

I believe they extended the current JO Opt cycle thru 2018 in order to avoid Comp and Opt renewing the same year (2021). So new changes would begin around Aug 1 of 2018.

Per my DD - yes - it is happening. Think they will require a yurchenko or tsuk timer onto a mat at the height of the vault.
This competitive season? NO. And compulsory vaults will not change until 2022, unless USAG does something unprecedented and makes such a drastic change in the middle of the quadrennium.

You're right, when you pull up any of the charts (optional requirements or cheat sheets, all of which have revision dates of Sep of this year) they say 2013-18; however the COP still says 2013-2017...I dunno.
And yes, to the other posters, there are continuously small changes and not so small changes and constant revisions are updated on the USAG site...for example last year they instituted that crazy rule about 1st vault counting for L8 and then they changed it back for this coming year...
It was extended from '13-'17 to '13-'18 for educational reasons and testing requirements for officials. (And it isn't to avoid compulsory and optional testing coinciding because people do that anyway all the time)

This competitive season? NO. And compulsory vaults will not change until 2022, unless USAG does something unprecedented and makes such a drastic change in the middle of the quadrennium.
I think usag website said 2018/2019 season but only mentioned the word timer with no details..at least the best I could find

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back