WAG Level 8 Beam- Enough As and Bs?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

HannahGS

Gymnast
So this is my beam routine i'm training for level 8: mount, dance, BWO BHS, dance, RO, split jump wolf jump, dance, tuck half, full turn, dance, front pike dismount.
Do I have enough As and Bs for a 10.0 SV? Do I need the RO (fear issues)?

Thanks a jillion,
HannahGS

So you need 4 As and 4 Bs plus one acro series, 1 leap of 180 either in a series or not on full turn or more and a aerial or salt dismount-
so your A elements are: probably your mount. split leap, wolf leap, full turn, BWO, front pike dismount. Total of 6
B elements are: tuck half, BHS, RO, total of 3. So I believe that you are short 1 B element but that is only if you do the RO.

I am sure someone else can confirm this.

It doesn't have to be a leap. It can be a jump as long as it hits 180 degrees. Your A's are the BWO, wolf jump, full turn, dismount, maybe mount. You have enough A's. Your B's are the split jump(but if it doesn't hit 180 degrees, it's an A), RO, BHS, and tuck half. You have enough, but have to do the RO.

No B dismount required for L8. L9 requires B dismount and it should be a connected dismount.

For OP - the round off also fulfills the requirement for side/front skill. I believe this would be .05 deduction (since you have a front dismount). It's a small deduction though if you don't feel good with RO. RO is helpful for dismounts in L9 as well though, so it's a good skill to have.

No B dismount required for L8. L9 requires B dismount and it should be a connected dismount.

For OP - the round off also fulfills the requirement for side/front skill. I believe this would be .05 deduction (since you have a front dismount). It's a small deduction though if you don't feel good with RO. RO is helpful for dismounts in L9 as well though, so it's a good skill to have.
There wouldn't be a deduction because the dismount is forward

She said split jump, not leap. Assuming it's 180 degrees, there's her B.
You are right. I always get those confused! A split JUMP is a B, a split LEAP is only an A. So if you do a split JUMP you have enough Bs but will have to do the RO or find another B skill. You could learn a B mount or a BT dismount or a 3/2 turn.

The code of points says that for level 8 if the dismount is the ONLY forward moving element then deduct 0.05. So if you DON'T do the RO then you will incur this deduction. If you DO the RO then you won't.

Just wondering about what you said here: Some of my L9 teammates do front full/ standing arabian dismounts. Would they get deducted for not having a connection dismount (i.e. RO full, BHS full etc)?

One other thing: my coach wants us all to have B leapish passes in L8. Does full-split sissone count as a B or only switch leap?

Just wondering about what you said here: Some of my L9 teammates do front full/ standing arabian dismounts. Would they get deducted for not having a connection dismount (i.e. RO full, BHS full etc)?
Dismount doesn't have to be connected at all as long as it's a b you just need another flight connection within the beam routine

You will usually lose something in composition though (0.05) if your dismount is of the minimum level required for your level AND it is not connected to anything.

In other words, a level 8 does a front tuck dismount. That fills her "A" dismount requirement, but most judges would take 0.05 in composition.

If a level 8 does a round-off (B) connected to a back tuck (A), that also fills her dismount requirement, and she wouldn't get any composition deduction.

One other thing: my coach wants us all to have B leapish passes in L8. Does full-split sissone count as a B or only switch leap?

Split leap and sissone are both A skills.

Split jump is a B skill, provided you achieve full split, so split leap + split jump would be an A + B combination.

Switch leap is a C skill, but is allowed in level 8.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back