WAG Level 8 beam & floor requirements

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kandkfunk

Proud Parent
Can someone clarify the level 8 allowable/required skills on beam and floor? Our girls have been working back tucks on beam, but the coaches are now saying that only C dance skills are allowed on beam & floor. No C acro. This contradicts my understanding from previous threads on here. I have reviewed the optional requrement chart on the usa gymnastics website & it says one C is allowed, but it looks like that may be for bars only (in addition to the listed allowble C skills for bars). It may just be the formatting of the chart, but it is confusing.

Sent from my MB855 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Level 8s can include any C dance on beam and floor, the selected Cs on bars, and one additional C on each event.

With the new cycle, level 8's can now include one additional C on each event, like the back tuck on beam. They can still have unlimited C dance on beam and floor, and unlimited of the specified C's allowed on bars.
Allowed: All "A" & "B" elements plus all "C" dance on BB/FX & a[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]ny number of the following "C’s" on UB: Cast Handstand ½ turn, Clear hip circle/Back stalder/Pike sole circle bwd. to HS, all also with ½ turn. [/FONT][/FONT]A maximum of one "C" other than those indicated above may also be performed.

Thanks everyone for your responses. This was my understanding as well, but it sounds like several coaches in our state think no C acro is allowed. Hopefully, this will get clarified for them at Congress this weekend. Can I ask where you found this information in the code? Was it just in Appendix 14 - the optional requirements chart - or does it explicitly talk about this in the code somewhere else?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back