WAG Level 8 meet question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

littlegirlsdream

Proud Parent
Does the Psuk have a lower start value then yuerchenko?
Also I notices some girls front pass consists of front handspring, front lay front pike and other girls don't add the front handspring in. What are the pros and cons to this and does either way fullfill the level 8 requirement?

The tumble series looks better with a front handspring so some or many coaches are going to try to develop the front handspring. I think the FHS done well will add to the subsequent salto because the FHS has rotation to contribute to the salto....... and running into a punch does not.

I find adding the front handspring easier. I can't run punch layout, but I can front handspring layout layout. The handspring creates direction and power that helps with the subsequent flips. And like iwannacoach said it looks better because it flows.

My DD also does the Front Handspring, Front Layout, Front Tuck or Front Pike. She says she can't do her Front Layout without the front handspring as she has more momentum with the front handspring. But per her coach said it doesn't affect her start value as long as she has 2 saltos in the pass (this is her 2 salto pass, which not everyone does with the front tumbling). I think it looks prettier too!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back