Level 9 Vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymfan4ever95

Coach
Gymnast
I am hopefully going to compete level 9 next season, but I am not sure which vault I should train. Last year, I competed a tuck tsuk (level 8) and did really well with it. My coach has had all the girls my level begin to train yurchenko's. All of my teammates are already flipping into the pit, but I am still doing drills. One drill we do is a yurchenko entry with a back handspring up onto a level 4 vaulting mat. But I am really scared to do that! Once I get myself to do a couple, I will do it with no problem. I am a really powerful gymnast, but don't have the best technique. I have a nice pike tsuk and have tried layouts, but they really just look like open pikes. Last week, I began to train tsuk fulls (I think it might actually be a kaz, but I didn't think it really mattered?). I get really lost in the air when I try to twist. Does anyone have any drills for this, or have any idea of which vault I should train? I can post video's of my vaults, if needed.

I think you need to sit down and discuss which vault will work for you at L9 with your coach. A pike or layout whether a tsuk or yurchenko will up your SV from the tuck. You can't do a full at L9 and probably best to get a strong layout before you work on twisting it.

A full at level 9 is a 10.0 SV.

Need to clarify. Are you talking about a full from a tuck or a full from a layout? The full from the tuck is allowed, but the full from a layout is not.

Thing is you're trying 3 or 4 different vaults. I think you and the coach need to sit down and decide which 1 or 2 might be best to focus your time on. Yurchenkos can take a long time to get correctly and shouldn't be rushed, so don't worry about what the others are doing.

The tuck full is what I have been working on. Yes, me and my coach have discussed it and I am going to keep trying the kaz but continue to work yurchenko drills. I was just wondering if anyone knew any good drills or if there was a particular vault that would work best for me, but I guess the only person who would know that is my coach.

yikes!............................................

The tuck full is what I have been working on. Yes, me and my coach have discussed it and I am going to keep trying the kaz but continue to work yurchenko drills. I was just wondering if anyone knew any good drills or if there was a particular vault that would work best for me, but I guess the only person who would know that is my coach.

Yes, you need to trust your coach.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back