[Meet] Magical Classic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

chalkbucket

Administrator

Magical Classic​

magical_classic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone been in the past or going this year? It's our first time and I'm excited about it. We are staying at the Orlando World Center (host hotel) and I can't wait. We stayed there last year for one night after the Presidential Classic and really enjoyed it. We'll probably do Universal on Sunday which will be so busy I know because of President's day weekend, but oh well.

Been multiple times. I assume you are flying in, if you can, dont rent a car. The amenity fees at the hotel are insane. Just short of using your bathroom in your own room has a fee attached to it. Parking is pricey. The meet itself is pretty nice. Tons of college coaches come and I am sure given Nastia qualifier, its going to be really well attended. One year, a national championship cheer competition forced the meet to be held in the many dining spaces that they have, which I thought was a hazard given girls were tumbling in and out of lit sections of the floor, felt like the rubber chicken service was coming at any moment. The other times it was in the large exhibition space which is fantastic, super bright and plenty of space. Cute Disney character awards. Its great that you are staying at the hotel (other than the fees). Its very nice and convenient to all the parks. And of course the meet venue.

Yes, definitely flying and not renting a car. I know there is the resort fee which is not cheap, but what else did you have to pay for amenity wise? I don't recall paying much else, but we only stayed one night last time. I mean yes for food and stuff like that obviously, but I thought the water park/pools and all were included in the resort fee?

We are going to 4 Nastia qualifiers this year, out of 5 regular season meets, so I think pretty much all the meets we go to are going to be busy and stressful, but I guess that's just the way it is going to be. My daughter is a sophomore this year so exposure to college coaches will be great, although she won't be in the premier sessions so that might be limited for her unfortunately.

Its been awhile since I have stayed there, so I cant specifically recall and maybe its my inherent cognitive bias, I just recall being a bit annoyed at the various resort fees when I stayed there. The meet is driving distance for me so I know the parking fees stink.

Another thing I remember, is the parent ticket is $$ and they were very rigid about making sure everyone has paid entry fee. Not that I am suggesting jump the line lol, but some meets are more casual than others about it.

We will be at 3 nastia meets this season, so I am sure I will "see" you there lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back