Make It or Break It --- ABC Family --- June 22nd 9/8c

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Rate "Make It or Break It" using the scale below.

• Gold

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Silver

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • Bronze

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • ....didn't even qualify to state.

Votes: 42 41.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
*** SPOILER ALERT***

And next week Lauren is telling Kaylie how having sex improved her gymnastics. Really sending the wrong message there.
:confused:

Yuk, they have really lost the plot. Glad my kids don't get it here as that way I don't have to plug the plug on such dross.

i thought it was an ok show but i don't think we need another stupid show about other things than gymnastics like partys and drinking i mean realy?

make it or break it

I really didn't like the show, but I still watch it just to get a few laughs out of it

As bad as the acting is on this show I have started to enjoy it more each episode. It's isn't winning any emmy's.lol and the gymnastics is pretty bad, It is growing on me.

I get that it's mainly a drama, not a sports show, but I would like a LITTLE more gymnastics/gym time. Stick It had tons and tons. One thing I liked was that in the latest episode, Lauren's beam routine is the same as the one she did in the meet...or at least one of her dance poses is the same. Nice bit of realism - gymnasts don't change routines 48 days before Nationals! I'll bet that little fact could have easily been looked over in order to have variety for the audience. Good job!

Hey, maybe they're not letting us see a lot of the gymnastics so that there'll be suspense at Nationals...if we'd already seen the routines 20 times, it wouldn't be as interesting.

a gymnast at our gym and me were talking about Make it or Break it. and she said that in the show the girls punishment at gym was to clean the gym!! we were like no fair!! we have to clean the gym even if we had the best practice ever!!! so we thought that was kinda weird!!

a gymnast at our gym and me were talking about Make it or Break it. and she said that in the show the girls punishment at gym was to clean the gym!! we were like no fair!! we have to clean the gym even if we had the best practice ever!!! so we thought that was kinda weird!!

If your parents pay for you to do gymnastics at this gym I don't understand why you would have to clean it. I don't get that?

If your parents pay for you to do gymnastics at this gym I don't understand why you would have to clean it. I don't get that?
Maybe I need to start a thread about this. Our gym makes the girls clean & set up equipment for the next day. I thought this was pretty common at most gyms? It's not done as punishment, just part of usual day (when they have the last practice of the day). You mean other gyms don't do this? As a paying parent I have resented my DD & her team mates being used as free labor. But I've kept my resentment to myself all of these years.

at our gym, the gymnasts don't set up or clean our own equipment, but sometimes we help set up mats for stations, and then put the mats back at the end of a rotation. for home meets, parents and gymnasts sign up to help clean, set up for the meet, and put the gym back to normal, to keep meet costs down. when i worked at my gym as a coach, us coaches would clean the mats and vacuum every morning.

It took me a while to understand that too. I guess volunteerism is just big in this country. Many businesses and sports organizations, particularly those in small/close communities, count on volunteers to survive much of the time. That's just the way it is.

Of course, this only applies to family members and not the athletes themselves. In which case, doing chores should just a part of the routine training/discipline. With that being said, students in the US have it so easy as compared to pretty much all other countries.

Kupets was the stunt double for tonight. For Payson and the Girl from the other team.

quote=Mack_the_Ripper;80619]

Hey, maybe they're not letting us see a lot of the gymnastics so that there'll be suspense at Nationals...if we'd already seen the routines 20 times, it wouldn't be as interesting.[/quote]

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ok you had me laughing on that one.

It's more like there are no full routines - how can you show something that doesn't exist.

I wasn't going to watch, but Nicole Anderson was on and I wanted to see how'd it go (Nicole was Payson's rival). I liked how they had her play it, just because she used to be a national champion, and when she set up for her routines, it didn't look fake. It actually looked like she was about to do a routine with her posture, and way she held her hands, everything.

I loved that when Payson was hurt on vault and how Shasha just walked behind her and was very quiet and to the point asking how bad the pain was. It was something my old coach would have done and for that second it was like real drama you would expect during a competition.

As teen dramas go it's about average but as a show on "real" gymnastics go well.........:no:

so can the Make it or break it link with the video disapear? Or are they paying to be there?

I just hate the fact that they are considered to be or even linked to gymnastics anything.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back