Meet Report 5/2

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GikiGirl

Proud Parent
Gymnast
Competed in Silver level USAIGC (similar to level 7 USAG) a week ago, in California.

I had abdominal surgery last November and I don't have all my skills back, but I had enough to make requirements on all but bars, and bars started from 9.4.

Beam got an 8.4, routine was a little shaky but no major problems. Just needed a little more solidness and amplitude thru out it. Warmup was a hot mess so glad I did decently. My hardest skills are roundoff, pike jump and tuck 3/4.

Floor I watered down my tumbling a little because of a sore shoulder and not feeling comfortable with the floor being stiffer than I'm used to, so I did a back tuck first, two fhs second, and RO two bhs third pass. A switch leap to wolf, a 1 1/2 turn, and a cat leap full. 8.7. I could tell I bent arms on some of the handsprings but other than that it was clean.

Vault I did handspring which starts from 10. I did a pretty good vault and stuck it, but stayed on the horse a little too long and got 8.3. Its actually a little higher than I normally get on vault so that was good.

Bars was really hard cause I just got kips back recently. I could not kip on the low bar due to my surgery still being an issue, so got a deduction for no kip on the low bar (just did a pullover) and some stops on the low bar. Tried to connect uprise, free hip, kip cast flyaway but did not have enough juice to cast enough and fell (one knee down) on the flyaway. Still, I went for it really hard and I am limited on bars right now so I was proud of what I did in spite of the low score. It was not easy to get bars back but I have been working. I can giant over the pit again and just started being able to kip cast connected again so it will come back. 6.4 on bars.

So it was good, I kind of wanted to qual. for nationals but I needed a 32.5 and did not get that. Realistically though it was also in CA and I don't think we can afford to fly out there again so soon. However I might be doing AAU nationals early August in Virginia Beach which is closer. Not sure if I will do mod. opt. or try level 8. We'll have to see how my recovery comes along. I can do most of the level 8 stuff right now but in a routine versus not is totally different, and also dealing w/ equipment I am not used to tends to freak me out on the harder skills. Probably because I don't compete very much.

I'm in Virginia and have been looking for some adult meets around here. What are the requirements for the meet in Va Beach? I would love to join you :)

I don't think there are USAIGC meets in Virginia. There is info. on which states at USAIGC and click on 'competitions and events.'

yay - i'm glad that you had fun at your meet and you are recovering so nicely. see you in va.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back