Parents Meet Report - You're The One

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Midget's Dad

Well the first real meet has come and gone and I have to say that I am mighty impressed with Midget. I thought she showed some real nice progression from the Judges Cup 2 weeks ago to yesterday.

Started on vault, her practices were awesome. Like awesome to the point that her last practice vault her coach said she had nothing to tell her to work on. And then she crashed and burned on the first real one. But she pulled it together for the second one. 8.75 and she did not place.

Bars she did pretty well all things considered. Still no FHC and she fell on the shoot-through but her form looked pretty good to me. 7.15 and she did not place.

Beam I thought was her big improvement over 2 weeks ago. She looked solid and very confident. She did miss the dismount and she and her coach decided not to try again. She got a 6.85 which placed her 11th.

Floor was really good. All the things I could see were the minor little foot bobbles and such, though coming out of her kick over she lost her balance and probably got .1ed to death as she stepped all over the place LOL. 8.375 and placed 8th.

AA was 31.125 and placed 11th.

YouTube - Bella L4 You're The One 2010

Aw, good job Bella! She looked way more confident this time...I think you are going to continue to see those scores go up as she gets the little details perfected. She has a nice HS on beam. When she turns it and does that dismount you are going to see the beam score go way up!:)

Is she having the time of her life?:D

Hey! We were there too. What a fun meet it was! My DD's gym had the red and gold leos on. It was her first competition with medals as well- I think she was less nervous than me. :) DD did well on vault and floor, struggled with bars and beam a bit. So very proud of her and the girls from our gym! Maybe we'll see you guys at another meet since we're in the same state.

Mom to L4 gymnast-6 yr old

Red and Gold? Tataru's?

We are doing the following meets:

Intrigue Invitational
Fall Festival
Magnitude Invitational
Music City Invitational
and States

Let me know if any of them line up and we can try to meet up.

It was definitely a fun meet. They do a great job keeping things moving and the girls love the dancing while they wait for medals.

That's the gym! Looking at your list, we'll be at the Fall Festival and at the State meet. Will have to meet up! The dancing at the end was hilarious. Our girls had a blast and can't wait for the next one.

Way to go Bella! She looks much better on beam and looks really really close to getting that dismount. It's going to be pretty when it comes. Sending FHC vibes your way!

Great job Bella!!! Meets are hard to get used to. Just wait till you do a comparison video of her first meet and her States meet--you will really see huge differences!!

Good job Bella!!
I think she is well on her way to a successful level 4 season!!

Lots of improvements! Her beam dismount is going to rock once she gets it to the other side, so straight and pretty!! Floor was very nice. Glad she didn't let a biffed vault phase her!! Bars will come. That front hip will just click one day. The rest looks good. That shoot through-hated it! I held my breath every time, on the mill circle, too. LOL.

Way to go Bella! You are off to a great start!

Big improvement from the 1st meet!!! Nice and tight on bars now. Once she gets the FHC, the whole routine will start clicking. Almost there on that beam dismount---that has come a long way in 2 weeks.

She is so cute. That front hip circle and mill circle even after 2 years of level4 my daughter struggled with those. And quess what she did great in level 5 bars. Good job Bella!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back