Parents Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Swiftli

Proud Parent
Where do I start? My DDs session for this meet was Friday. She was excited to get out of school for it. About an hour before we were to leave, it started snowing. Who knew that 1/2 inch of snow could paralize a city? What should have been a 1 hour drive turned into a 3 hour white knuckled, sweating, stressful, scary ride. We saw many accidents, cars slid off the roads, Pepsi trucks jackknifed, a pickup overturned. Major roads were all affected. Our coaches were in a rear ending accident. They were pretty sore when they arrived. The are the times when I realize that gymastics must be in my blood, because I was crazy to stay the course for this meet. The whole team was over an hour late for registration but luckily this is a large meet and the meet director was able to squeeze us in with the next session of Lvl 7s that evening....but this only prolonged the day. Why do we do this??

My DDs team has 9 girls on it, only 2 were scheduled to compete bars. Coaches are pushing that girls must have cast handstand and giants to compete. We are getting closer but not there yet. (I am sure this is a topic for another thread)

In addition, my DD has been dealing with fear issues this season. Her first meet she refused to do beam for fear of the BHS. She fixed that but then this past week, she has been balking on her back tuck on floor. The last practice before this meet (the night before), her coaches extended her practice with extra conditioning and spotted attempts. They refused to let her go home until she threw her back tuck comfortably without a spot. Why do we do this again??

She woke up sore and tired, then was put through this stressful ride and long day, but I feel she made huge improvements from her first meet and I am extremely proud of her. Just to see her sigh of releif after her floor routine says it all.

We were back at home and in bed at midnight only to get up the next morning for a 9am practice. Why do we do this again?? :confused:

YouTube - swiftli1's Channel

Wow, what a scary and difficult trip you had to get to the meet! I hope your coaches are okay. Your dd had a fantastic meet! I thought she knocked it out of the park on floor! You certainly would never know she had any tumbling fears or issues. And she did her bhs on beam too! Yay! Congrats to her on making some big improvements at this meet. I hope bars comes along quickly and she is able to compete it soon. She is going to have a great season!

She is adorable. I loved her floor also. I hope she has a wonderful season

She had a great meet! Love the floor routine, very clean. I noticed that Olivia's old team was competing on beam behind your dd while on floor. Turns out they took the top 3 on beam. I remember the scoring last year on beam at that meet was pretty tough. Congrats to her on doing so well!

Wow, what a scary and difficult trip you had to get to the meet! I hope your coaches are okay. Your dd had a fantastic meet! I thought she knocked it out of the park on floor! You certainly would never know she had any tumbling fears or issues.

Thanks. Coaches are fine just a little stiff.

Your right on the you would never know part. She plays such mental games with herself and that is what is frustrating because, I know and the coaches know...she can do the skills.

I noticed that Olivia's old team was competing on beam behind your dd while on floor. Turns out they took the top 3 on beam. I remember the scoring last year on beam at that meet was pretty tough.

Yep, they were there and they did pretty well...of course. :)

Scoring seemed better this year than in previous years. They also expanded to add another gym set and more vendors.

I love all the little dance portions in between her tumbling passes. She really takes the time to make each nuance count. We had 9/10s at the meet and it was a tough competition for them so your little 7yo stood out! (And I love the little Christmas album theme!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back