Parents Meet Scores Online's new site?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mymeetscores has a few of my DD's scores on it. However, it seems that only the really large meets post the scores on there so that would explain why my DD's are not. Our old gym usually opted to go to the smaller meets in our state. Unfortunately most of her best scores are NOT posted.

I've sent them links a few times....no reply, data not fixed.

I have sent them links to meet scores, and they have usually posted them....I have heard that if you notify them of an error, however, it's unlikely it's going to get fixed.

Hello all of you, this is Karl with MeetScoresOnline [MSO].

I thought I should jump on in here and try to answer your questions. First, let me assure you that I am here, alive, and orbiting our fantastic gymastics planet and not lost out in cyber-space somewhere, and I can be reached directly by email and by phone (these details are on my website).

So whats up with the site you ask. We are improving it. We have transformed the site into a 100% mobile friendly site. This means when you are on your phone you'll be able to navigate the site as if it were a mobile phone application and when you are on your tablet you will get yet another view of the site, one optimized for your tablet. Is this functioning perfectly? No. I have several days of coding to get it right, but getting it right is my mission. I encourage any and all of you to leave your feedback here: http://www.meetscoresonline.com/help.feedback
Since I uploaded the new site I have had over 50 responses. Some good, but mostly people wondering what happened to the search features. Well, I can tell you that searching is back. It took a couple of extra days to finish the coding for it, but it is up and working and improved. In fact, most of the functionality on the site is improved. There may be some browser issues that we contend with, but these are hard to test for, but can be resolved quickly once the problem is identified.

Real-Time scores is definitely a feature of the site that everyone loves. Please understand thought that we only receive scores that the event host elects to publish. Last year we enjoyed Live Real-Time scores for US Western Nationals, L10 Men's and Women's Nationals and many other great events, but only because the event host made it happen. Our free web service is ready for any event to push scores real-time.

So who is MyMeetScores? I'm not sure anyone knows. I myself have tried to contact them and have received no response. I, and a few other scoring professionals surmise that the site was written for the sole purpose of driving traffic to their site to then generate revenue by banner clicks. MyMeetScores collects scores by scraping my site and others. They also accept scores uploaded to their site but not sure who actually uses that feature or if it works. They do not collect data necessary to maintain the credibility of that nor are they committed to correcting their mistakes. MSO is the only site with dynamic gymnastic data and stats that guarantee and maintain the authenticity of such data.

MSO is not partial towards any type of scores, either boys or girls. Publishing scores to MSO is free and anyone is welcome to use the service, including USA Gymnastic scores, Collegiate scores, highschool and more.

We no longer pick the top 10 men's and women's clubs. We recognize the challenge in doing so. We will continue with the MSO Gymnast of the year award. We will be accepting your 2013 compulsory nominations soon.

Thanks for your support. To stay up to date with MSO, please follow us on twitter https://twitter.com/usamso

Sincerely,

Karl Stubsjoen
MeetScoresOnline

I definitely like the live score posting! I was keeping up with several meets in my area this past weekend. At least one was truly live, and those that weren't, were posted immediately after each session. Great not having to wait a few days for results. Thanks Karl (MSO)!!

And I know other friends were keeping up with the meets in this area on MSO also because I received messages from them even before getting in the car to head home after the meet! They only knew the outcome because of MSO!

Great info thanks, sounds like lots of improvements.

mymeetscores definitely accepts and uses scores sent in or linked by people. I know people who have done that many times. I also know if you email you can sometimes get duplicate names / misspelling corrected but it can take a long time. No idea who runs it though.

wow, I actually found my DD on MSO for the first time ever! It was her scores from the Magical Classic last year! I guess MSO is not used much in our state (Midwest).

Reactions: JBS
My DD only had 2 meets on MSO. One was a live event and the other was on the west coast, if that makes a difference. My meet scores has every single meet online (25+).

I'm in region 8 and for boys, at least in my state, all of the meets seem to be reported to MSO. None to MMS. I have always assumed it is up to each hosting gym to report scores. What I really hate is that it seems that a lot of the girls' competitions have decided to only post these things to their own sites. Even AAU states last year for the lower levels not only didn't report their scores to any of the sites, they didn't post them ANYWHERE!

It was a huge pain for me last year. I did the newsletter for our club and had to go to the website for each and every meet to get the scores to update if we had girls who placed in the top 3. For the boys I was able to go to MSO for everything and it was so EASY!

Hm. Two of DD's meets from last year are on MSO, but one of them shows all 0's for everybody. MMS has 3/5 of her meets from last year. Nobody has the meet she just attended last weekend, and I'm scratching my head because there were quite a few gyms there, including some of the biggest in the area.

ooooh, I have to say. I love the way it is working with the search feature now - no having to click through, it is all right there. Two thumbs up from me. :)

(I did send feedback asking about the search feature and they did get back to me about it.)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back