Off Topic Mega Millions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymBee97

Proud Parent
Ok now that the prize is up to 1/2 a billion I might splurge and get a ticket....Hmmm Ok maybe I'll get 2

Anyone else going for the golden ticket.

LOL Bog. I only buy lottery tickets at christmas time to give the old grandmas and grandpas a gift in the cards and then its those scratching type to keep them busy.

I might get one of these pick number types of lottery tickets once or twice a year. Guess this is my first one this year LOL but hey I could win it. I can't believe folks are spending hundres on these tickets - you only need one to win ( and I'm buying that one tomorrow LOL)

Everybody in our office (maybe a dozen of us) put in $5 to buy a bunch of tickets. I don't usually play those things, but imagine being the one person in the office who didn't participate if they win! My office is a non-profit that helps people look for work, write resumes, prepare for interviews, etc. Imagine if we won! The whole place would just shut down! ;) I know that there are people who say they would continue to work if they won that kind of money, but I don't think I am among them. Not that I don't love my job, but all things being equal, I would rather be a full-time mom... maybe do some volunteer work on the side... It's nice to dream, isn't it?

I'm right there will all of you! I bought one ticket for the drawing the other night and was shocked when the lady in front of me bought $50!! Really! I just couldn't imagine that disposable income!!

I would quit my job in a minute if I won....no matter how much I love what I do (teach)....I'd volunteer, go to (my own) gym more and just relax a bit instead of always being on the taxi treadmill!!

Dreams are good!

I'm right there will all of you! I bought one ticket for the drawing the other night and was shocked when the lady in front of me bought $50!! Really! I just couldn't imagine that disposable income!!
Unfortunately, I'm afraid that people who play the lottery like that often DON'T have much disposable income and see that as a potential way out of a bad situation. The odds are SO infinitessimal though...

One of the classes I teach is "Stress Management" (usually people who lost a job and/or are looking for a new job) and we talk about good stress and bad stress. One of the questions I ask is "Would winning the lottery be stressful?" Well, one day I had a woman in my class who actually HAD won the lottery. Not a huge one... I think she said maybe 50K or something. They helped our her husband's elderly mother, took a cruise, paid off some bills, and then it was basically gone. She said it was not stressful, because it was enough to take care of some things they were stressed about while not actually changing their lifestyle at all. I would imagine that winning Mega-Millions would come with it's own set of stressors... but it's a burden I'd be willing to bear! ;) Maybe I'd rent out Woodward for a week and have Chalk Bucket Week!

LOL Bog. I only buy lottery tickets at christmas time to give the old grandmas and grandpas a gift in the cards and then its those scratching type to keep them busy.

I might get one of these pick number types of lottery tickets once or twice a year. Guess this is my first one this year LOL but hey I could win it. I can't believe folks are spending hundres on these tickets - you only need one to win ( and I'm buying that one tomorrow LOL)

Funny - that's exactly what DH said to me this morning! (Even though we've never bought a lottery ticket in our 10+ years of being married. Ha ha! Good luck. We all know gym parents can use the extra money. Maybe I might one day be able to afford to bring the WHOLE family to every meet for the entire season! :)

Not even one number on 5 tickets!!! That is why I almost never buy these things. Well I'm sure we will hear this week who won Im sure someone must have hit it.

There goes my Mansion, new car, bills paid off, college for the kids and of course my own island LOL

3 people won - 213 mill each. I don't know what happened I was suppoed to have that winning ticket LOL.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back