MAG Men's Live Stream (possible spoilers)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Daggett was driving me nuts last night, more so than usual. I felt like he was lobbying for Leyva and using the telecast as his platform, and I don't feel he was being entirely honest. When he put up the score comparison he of course manipulated it by dropping a low score which helped Leyva the most. He didn't even bother to mention that with all 4 scores, Brooks was number 1 on both PB and HB.

Frankly when looking at the US men I would drop the HIGH score not the low. No offense to our men out there, but they have a tendency to uh, falter if you will, when they hit the finals floor. I would want to know worst case scenario what I would be looking at if one of my guys was off. A guy like Sam can be off and still be mid 14/15 on most events. Brooks was off on PB last night and still over 15. When you factor that against someone who has a high of a mid 14, but could easily be low 13 if not a 12 with a mistake, that's a big red flag to me.

With the consistency issues the men's team has had in major events, frankly I would have considered it ludicrous to not take the one guy who hit 24/24 and yet I felt like Tim was trying to convince the TV audience that Brooks wasn't the best choice. Meh, I should be used to Daggett after all these years, but I guess not.

For what it's worth I agreed 100% with the committee this time, though my heart broke for Donnell.

Calm rant over ;)

^^^^^^ Yes! Daggett was definitely lobbying for Danell. Danell has not been consistent the past few years and he has made some stupid choices. After the American Cup he should have learned to stay away from fighting pit bulls.

I agree. I could barely listen to Daggett. Brooks hit every routine in the last 2 meets...maybe he peaked, but he has been consistent. Leyva had not. Now, I know he was injured, but you have to go on what they have done. I am excited for this team, and I know that the podium is a long shot, but they are all such great gymnasts and role models for our younger male gymnasts!

Daggett was driving me nuts last night, more so than usual. I felt like he was lobbying for Leyva and using the telecast as his platform, and I don't feel he was being entirely honest. When he put up the score comparison he of course manipulated it by dropping a low score which helped Leyva the most. He didn't even bother to mention that with all 4 scores, Brooks was number 1 on both PB and HB.

Frankly when looking at the US men I would drop the HIGH score not the low. No offense to our men out there, but they have a tendency to uh, falter if you will, when they hit the finals floor. I would want to know worst case scenario what I would be looking at if one of my guys was off. A guy like Sam can be off and still be mid 14/15 on most events. Brooks was off on PB last night and still over 15. When you factor that against someone who has a high of a mid 14, but could easily be low 13 if not a 12 with a mistake, that's a big red flag to me.

With the consistency issues the men's team has had in major events, frankly I would have considered it ludicrous to not take the one guy who hit 24/24 and yet I felt like Tim was trying to convince the TV audience that Brooks wasn't the best choice. Meh, I should be used to Daggett after all these years, but I guess not.

For what it's worth I agreed 100% with the committee this time, though my heart broke for Donnell.

Calm rant over ;)
Completely agree. And am equally heartbroken for Donnell. Outside of Sam, he and Jake are the ones most likely to bring home a medal for the US. But they are strong and weak on the same events, so the team couldn't take both. Jake is more consistent at this point so got the spot, but Donnell is young and I think he has many more world and Olympic event finals in his future.

David Durante did turn to watch Donnell, and by the end, most were watching him. Danell's floor would not have made a difference as it was not a crucial routine for him. While I do think they should have been watching, I know the 12 minute deadline was looming over them and they wanted to start conversation while things were happeneing and fresh. I do think, by those last 2 routines, there was not going to be a big change based on those.

I agree, they could have scored 18 somehow, and it wouldn't have mattered. I also get that they were trying to meet the 12 minute deadline. I just am of the school of thought that each person deserves the courtesy and respect - it's like people who leave a recital after their kid is done. Just not cool.

I do think there was talking going on all night. I think the commentators (don't get me started lol) made a big deal about it when it was close to the end, and it was Danell first. I am sure that they were watching most of the time.

And since more than one gymnast was competing at the same time most of the night, there is no way they could have watched them all. I am sure there are a lot of guys there that didn't even get looked at last night.

I felt like gagging Tim also.....he was totally trying to start drama about the panel 'not paying attention'.....one mention, maybe but he went on and on about it......like a drama queen!!!
I know a couple of jr. team families.....the panel knows all these guys inside out for YEARS......they know what their strengths are, their weaknesses, their personalities, and where they are mentally. Watching Danell go out of bounds would not have made a difference.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back