Mini Brag! DD's chin-ups!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD has been struggling with her chin-ups for a long time. She was the last in her L3 preteam group to finally get her first one, and she's the only one that still cannot complete 10 consecutive during conditioning. Coach usually helps her by holding her legs and pushing up. For some reason, she IS capable of doing their 10-consecutive chin-up pull-overs unassisted, though...???

Anyhow - we got DD a chin-up bar some time ago. After many unsuccessful attempts at them (she couldn't even get one at home), we made several modifications for her tiny, sweaty hands. She actually managed to do her first one at home about 6 weeks ago. Slowly, she added a second one with a teeny amount of help from me. We'd have a goal of 10 total per evening, but I have been careful not to initiate it. We only do them when she asks to.

Well, "out of nowhere", DD ripped off 6 in a row last night! She was so excited and proud of herself, she did a total of 25 of them (with breaks in between). I made her stop because she was overdoing it. I think it was the excitement of the VISA Championships fueling her (or something!) as earlier in the day we'd watched Day 1 of the competition online in preparation of last night's main event. She "really, really wants to be just like Shawn when she gets bigger", so I suppose that was her motivation. Though she also knows she has to have 10 by L4 tryouts in Dec!

Now lets hope she can keep it up! But either way, I couldn't be more proud!

That's adorable, and awesome! Congrats to her! I always feel extra-motivated after watching big comps like VISA's too. :)

WTG to your DD. I love when they get so excited by their accomplishments.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back