NAIGC QUESTIONS

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

amblan01

Gymnast
How do I get into NAIGC and if I go to a college that has a team can I just sign up? It says on their FAQs that people who even have no experience can do it. How do I get involved? If I go to a college for it am I guaranteed into the program? I want to compete all through college.

I started late in gymnastics. Well first I started at 5 for the summer. Then I did tumbling for about 2 years. Now I started late and improved as fast as possible and have been competing the old level 2 and have gotten first at almost every meet. I started at the end of 8th grade. I'm now almost done with my freshman year and am continuing gymnastics for the rest of highschool. I'm at a highly competitive YMCA.

I want to know all about NAIGC so can anyone explain everything to me and how I get in? I'm going to a college to visit that has one so I'll ask someone about it.

From the colleges I've seen with NAIGC it is a club sport. Which means it is just like joining a club on campus. Anyone can join. Any level can join. I know one team that also has a division I gymnastics team. On their club team they range from people that are just learning a cartwheel to a girl who has competed on the club team for two years and is going to try to 'walk on' to the division I team next year.

Typically I've seen quite a few level 7/8 although I've also seen plenty who have never competed before.

Thank you!! Does anyone have any suggestions or a university that treasures their NAIGC team and has a good business program? I want to choose a university that prioritizes their club gymnastics more than other colleges do. I know some colleges care more and have a better facility.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back