[Meet] Nashville Nights

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

chalkbucket

Administrator

Nashville Nights​

1702493839901.png

We've always wanted to go to this meet. Who has been to it? Is it a good meet?

We've been-- its a fun meet at a fun but very expensive venue. We're only 3 hours away but the expense is so much we use it as our "travel meet" the years we go.

We've been a bunch of times. The meet is just ok imo. The Gaylord Opryland is amazing. But the meet itself is nothing special. I stayed off site the first time. Every time after that, I've stayed at the Gaylord Opryland. It's $$$, but definitely makes the meet a ton more enjoyable. My biggest complaint, which is probably stupid, but oh well.. The meet gifts are truly awful. I know, I know.. but if you are paying that much to compete at a meet, I think they could do better.

We aren't going this year, and I'm not upset about it. But I will say it's one of my daughter's favorite meets just because of the hotel (and because it's in walking distance to the outlet mall).

The meet gifts are truly awful. I know, I know.. but if you are paying that much to compete at a meet, I think they could do better.

We aren't going this year, and I'm not upset about it. But I will say it's one of my daughter's favorite meets just because of the hotel (and because it's in walking distance to the outlet mall).
Amen on the meet gifts! Truly awful. But yes, the older girls love the proximity to the pretty nice outlet mall, by outlet mall standards.

We went a year or two ago when they had pushed the venue to a smaller facility on-site (I think they had a large cheer competition at the same time) that was super crowded (with like the facility wall, 2 rows of chairs and then the competition space) and dimly lit. And I remember the awards taking forever, getting out super late since we were the last session. But Nashville was fun to visit, We are going there again this year, so will see if different experience.

@mom2newgymnast @moogacat What are these gifts that are terrible?
One year it was some crappy socks that unraveled before we even got home (just a three hour car ride). Plus a $5 credit at the vendor selling sweatshirts, where nothing costs less than $50. My kid is old enough that she's not going to throw a fit about not using the credit, but for people with little kids I imagine the $5 credit causes a lot of angst. The other year I can't even remember the gift because I think my kid pitched it on her own right after we got home, but I can't blame her because she got a concussion at the meet.

Speaking of the concussion, the medical staff on site was stellar, so I will give them five stars for that. The trainer who took initial care of her even gave me her card and offered to be available 24-7 over the weekend in case we needed her at any time.

I can't remember all of them, but one year it was a clear plastic makeup type bag with their logo. Like the kind of plastic thing you'd find in the dollar tree. It had their logo on it, and on my daughter's, it was upside down. :rolleyes:

One year it was a coupon for maybe $10 or $20 off a souvenir, but we got it after we checked in and had already bought a shirt. Which did cost like $40+ anyway.

But last year was the worst. It was a blue hat with their logo, but it was like a stiff baseball type and was too small so everyone was wearing them on top of their head and they were just really, really ugly.

One year it was a scrunchie and I think there was no athlete gift the last time. If I’m never in that convention center again I’ll be happy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back