Gymnasts round offs on beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

does anybody else have bad heel pain from doing round offs? it usually goes away for me after i stop doing them a couple of min but i still feel pain from last nights practice still on my right foot. is that normal??

It shouldn’t cause bad heel pain.

You may have something else going on like severs, so I would get it looked into.

Have your coach check that you are landing properly and using your feet correctly.

When doing lots of round offs, it’s helpful to use a sting mat to reduce the impact.

It shouldn’t cause bad heel pain.

You may have something else going on like severs, so I would get it looked into.

Have your coach check that you are landing properly and using your feet correctly.

When doing lots of round offs, it’s helpful to use a sting mat to reduce the impact.
so it’s been a couple of days now and it’s really pain on the outer edge of my heel not directly on it. i’m thinking i probably just landed harder on that side of my foot. would taping it help it or do i need to actually see a doctor at this point?? it’s not unbearable pain, it feels like there is a bruise but nothing is visible.

I can not offer medical advise. It's always best to see a professional so that it does not get worse. My dd has done plenty of beam roundoffs over the years and never had any heel pain.

does anybody else have bad heel pain from doing round offs? it usually goes away for me after i stop doing them a couple of min but i still feel pain from last nights practice still on my right foot. is that normal??
I agree with others that we cannot offer medical advice, however, there is the possibility that you have another issue going on that is causing your pain. It's always a safe bet to get checked by a medical professional and communicate to your coaches about your pain.

The number one thing I would make sure that you are doing when you are landing your round off is that you are not landing flat on your feet or heels first. Landing toe-ball-heel (obviously this will happen super fast) like one would on floor is something I always look for in other gymasts and whenever I do the round off on beam myself. If you notice that your landings are particularly loud, this could be the case of where you are landing on your heels or flat, and this in turn causes pain (in my experience).

Hope this helps!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back