national program!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hi
I recently got asked to be in a national program. I had my first training session this morning at 6:30 until 8:30!!!!!
The problem is that I dont think I fit in very well and I am worried that if I just let this oppourtunity go then I wont be able to get into the olympics someday.
So what I am really asking is that should I keep going and also can I get to the level I want to get to by staying in my usual level tarining sessions???
sorry its long
Thanks

Personally if high level was my goal and if getting into the national program is what would help me ease my way to my goal, I would do It. How do you feel as if you don't fit in? Especially if You Just had your first practice. I'm sure peoples nerves were a little high and tense. Similar to going to a new school or starting at a new gym, I'm sure groups have been established but who is to say you wont ne included? I don't know anything about the Australian system so I can't tell you if you have a chance to make it as far as You want staying with your old program, but I also think making it to the national program is a great accomplishment in and of itself and would stick with it

Actually, In Australia you can't go to the olympics on the National program. You need to be in the international program.

You didn't say what program you are currently in so I am going to assume its either a state program or a recreational program. These programs are designed for kids who don't train many hours and don't want to train or compete too intensively. If you have goals to reach a high level in gymnastics then this isn't really the aim of this program.

The National program is the main competitive program in Australia. It is more intensive with the hours and the training. Its for those who want to work hard, compete more and reach a higher standard.

The only way to the olympics is the International program. These are run at specific High performance center's who select highly talented gymnasts at 4-5 years old and have them in very intense training programs by the age of 6.

That sounds exciting. What level are you at in Australia - I know it is different from the UK and USA. Well done and good luck.

Actually Australian National Level 1-10 are quite similar to the USA, there is just a different emphasis on various skills.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back