WAG Nationals super team

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Back to the original topic -- what is the Super Team? People? Teams? States? Scores? Something else? All of the above?
Part of Nationals is team competition between the 8 Regions. They give team awards for each of the 12 age groups (JR A - SR F), and then a super team award which uses the top scores from the gymnasts in a Region in each event across all age groups.

I heard a rumor that Nationals will be held in Indianapolis for the next 5 years. I'm hoping the rumor is wrong. I also heard that next year there will be 5 weeks between Regionals and Nationals. I'm hoping that rumor is wrong, too.

I heard a rumor that Nationals will be held in Indianapolis for the next 5 years. I'm hoping the rumor is wrong. I also heard that next year there will be 5 weeks between Regionals and Nationals. I'm hoping that rumor is wrong, too.
Bummer. A National Championship that involves a team competition between Regions should not be held in the same Region for that many years consecutively. That means 12 consecutive years in the eastern half of the country. The travel burden should be spread around among all the JO athletes and programs.

That kind of rumor has me thinking USAG must have already signed with the facility in Indy for a long term lease for the meet?

If it's true, I'm also very disappointed because part of the excitement of qualifying to Nationals is having an excuse to explore a new city. Not going back to somewhere you've already been multiple times.

Ugh....please don't let this rumor be true. Not only would it suck to have to travel to the same boring city for the next 5 years but if they plan to push out nationals even further into the month then it will start to interfere with elite qualifiers. It would be a big bummer to have to make the girls choose between competing at nationals and competing at a qualifier.

Ugh....please don't let this rumor be true. Not only would it suck to have to travel to the same boring city for the next 5 years but if they plan to push out nationals even further into the month then it will start to interfere with elite qualifiers. It would be a big bummer to have to make the girls choose between competing at nationals and competing at a qualifier.
Nationals is a week later next year. 5 weeks between regionals and nationals. Their poor bodies:(

Nationals is a week later next year. 5 weeks between regionals and nationals. Their poor bodies:(
Yes prom week and finals . Absolutely no way my kids could of competed this weekend. They are all studying.... get ready folks ... time to take a stand

Ummmm. The powers are not listening to anyone. Perhaps they will listen to the public . Stand by

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back