Nationals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

Fliptwisttumble

So three girls from our gym headed out yo Ottawa today for their week at Nationals..... All on Team Ontario.... one novice, one HP Novice, and one Open.

Wishing everyone competing there good luck!

Good luck to all the gymnasts... (including my dd). Yah

Does anyone know if it will be live streamed like it was last year? On the Canadian website there is no mention of it.

Good luck to all the competitors.

I haven't heard anything about live streaming this year. Too bad as I cannot make it there either.

My daughter had her training this morning and it started out as a disaster. Poor thing - Split the beam, hit her head on bars on her dismount and couldn't seem to do her tumbling. But then she said she pulled it together and managed for the rest of her practice.
Sounds like she has some pre-competition jitters.
Glad she is in the hands of her very competent coaches.
Honestly I feel ill. ;(.

My daughter had her training this morning and it started out as a disaster. Poor thing - Split the beam, hit her head on bars on her dismount and couldn't seem to do her tumbling. But then she said she pulled it together and managed for the rest of her practice.
Honestly I feel ill. ;(.

Oh poor thing. I HATE the beam, it really is evil. But she now has that out of the way so she can go on a kill the competition.

Honestly I feel ill. ;(.

so sorry to hear about the start , wish her best for her competition and its not about the start it all about finish so lets keep our fingers crossed .

Honestly I feel ill. ;(.

Oh no!!! Fingers crossed for your daughter that the competition goes smoothly!

DD and I are headed up tomorrow night to catch our Novice and HP novice compete in individual finals Friday. Kitkat's daughter did well enough to make it to finals.... So we will be there to cheer her on!

And.... For novice, team Ontario got gold! Congrats girls!

Are they using live scoring at Nationals? I tried to look at results on their website but the only ones that showed up are the Novice Team results all the others came up blank.

Great job to everyone who has competed so far! Kitkat how did your DD do?
I was excited to see a girl who used to be at our gym won her age group, so excited for her!

She did great considering she had severe sleep issues. The night before the first competition day she was texting me at 11:15pm in tears wanting to come home and slept 4 hours the night before her second day.

She placed 7th overall (34 kids) on day one - 4th on bars and 7th on beam
She placed 12th overall (28 kids) on day two - 7th on bars
Team Ontario placed 1st for the team event

I am not sure how you prepare your child for something like this. She has been on a few away trips with Team Ontario. No issues at all.
She's a great sleeper.
She has not been nervous during regular competition this year nor at provincial championship.

It was tough on her, her coach and myself because we didn't know how to deal with it. She was so stressed that she wouldn't sleep and then she didn't which ultimately affected hr energy level the next day.... You can't deal with something that has never happened before.

Finally new skills now...

Great job to everyone who has competed so far! Kitkat how did your DD do?
I was excited to see a girl who used to be at our gym won her age group, so excited for her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back