WAG NCAA eat your heart out

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

coach1234

Coach
Here is a video of one of the girls at a competition in the UK yesterday, she was the last competor everyone else had finished so all eyes where on her, and wow did she go out with a bang! You can't see the audience reaction here but it was truly amazing, she could have easily got a standing ovation!

I also think that she made most of it up herself!!! An amazing dancer

I recognise her from last year, she was on floor when mine was doing vault so I have her on my video, she did it to rocking robin and it looks pretty similar.

I love that! It's a bit of a wild routine, but she does it really well and is pretty neat and tidy, so it's not a distraction and works so well.

I showed dd in the hope that it might inspire her to loose her devoted grip on the the 'classic' melodramatic style she loves... didn't work... she's still channeling her inner Mustafina downstairs :rolleyes:

I wish I could have danced well enough to have one of those fun routines! I could out tumble most of my teammates but their routines were always so much more fun for the crowd! My routines weren't fun for anyone, not even me!

That first little girl can move!

It's odd though- I like watching these types of routines with the college gymnasts but with the younger gymnasts, I can't get past the thought that they just look like they are in a hip/hop dance competition. Maybe because the college gymnasts usually do a music mix and are only doing it for a small portion of their routines.

I think I have just worked out that I just do not like hip hop style dance. It really does nothing for me.

Give me old school balletic or lyrical and I am good.
We saw the most beautiful ballet-likeroutine at regionals this year. I normally don't like real ballet but in the floor routine it worked well because it was just bits and pieces.

Here is a routine based on a ballet...

The original routine posted is clever but I feel they were pushing to prove something, the routine did not need to be that long for a young gymnast.

I'm not much for hip-hoppy gymnastics routines, BUT I love to watch hip hop competitive dance routines. Those are cute! I like to watch the contemporary gymnastics routines if we are talking about non-traditional styles of floor music.:

That first little girl can move!

It's odd though- I like watching these types of routines with the college gymnasts but with the younger gymnasts, I can't get past the thought that they just look like they are in a hip/hop dance competition. Maybe because the college gymnasts usually do a music mix and are only doing it for a small portion of their routines.

Sophina danced hip hop competitively and professionally when she was a kid, so that's about right. This post reminded me of her because when she went to Westerns for the first time (2005 maybe?) the gymnastics message boards at the time had threads about this little girl in Jr A who was a "crazy dancer."

I actually thought it was really a shame when she had to cut so much of her dance out to put in more tumbling passes. She used the same routine transitioning between JO and elite but cut a huge amount of the dance to accommodate the more tumbling and longer leap passes.

That is definitely not what I think of as balletic either. If you watch that on mute you would not see a balletic routine...

I'm beginning to wonder whether the difference for me maybe is something in the speed and 'wildness'.

I don't like Lloimincia's routine because it just looks as though she is freestyling it and jumping about to the music as if it's a disco competition. And because it's so fast and wild, I don't really get to appreciate the gymnastics, it's distracting.
Sophina's, Angels's and Emmy's routines have some funky moves, but it's all super controlled, not over fast and the moves and skills are well done.

I watched Sophina's on mute and it didn't seem that different. The weird music makes a big difference to have you perceive it.

I have noticed quite a lot of routines in the UK seem to be heading in that direction and I do like it if it's executed well, just as I like a balletic routine if it's executed well.

I really love this style, where the dance moves actually look like part of the routine rather than just something to do in between the gymnastics moves - for me it shows what it means when they say women's artistic gymnastics.

File me in the more traditional category too. I don't really care for the UK Emmy's style of dance but it's much more tolerable than Hall's routine. The Strazheva routine isn't much to my liking either just because it's.....funky. I don't care for funky gymnastics.

I like clean lines, precise movement, classical dance styles. I don't like hip hop in any format and I especially don't want to see it in "women's" USAG gymnastics given that most of the gymnasts are under 16 and I don't think it's appropriate to drop it, shake your butt, and gyrate your hips in front of strangers.

This is one of the reasons that I don't like activities (cheer, dance) that have little girls doing inappropriate movements. I was very upfront with HC when she was doing DD's routine. I told her I didn't want anything "nasty". One of our girls has a routine that I would object to if the kid was mine but her parents are okay with it so it's none of my business.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back