Parents Need Advice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Spice

Proud Parent
The gym mentioned that if your daughter is in between levels they will let you know in August if they level up. My daughter is in level 1 and she really thinks she is ready for level 2. She knows she is a bit behind on bars but she feels like she can get it in time. The coach has not reached out to me about her performance. I was wondering if I should reach out to the coach and see where she is on her performance or if I should wait until August.

I don’t see any harm in inquiring but then again, your having that information isn’t going to have any affect on the outcome- know what I mean?

my vote would be to only inquire if a natural opportunity presents itself or if there is something going on that your child is not happy about.

otherwise, if kiddo is happy then I’d suggest to wait until August since that’s when they already informed you decisions would be made.

I commiserate with you in the torture of the waiting! :)

The gym mentioned that if your daughter is in between levels they will let you know in August if they level up. My daughter is in level 1 and she really thinks she is ready for level 2. She knows she is a bit behind on bars but she feels like she can get it in time. The coach has not reached out to me about her performance. I was wondering if I should reach out to the coach and see where she is on her performance or if I should wait until August.
If your daughter is really wanting to move up, I don't think there is any harm in asking (depending on your gym and how the coaches are about talking with parents) ... tell them you know they will make the decision in August, but you are wondering if your daughter is getting close or if there is anything she specifically needs to work on.
Understand that they wont be able to tell you definitively, but they should be able to tell you if their assessment of your DD's current skill level is in line with her own assessment or if she is overestimating her preparedness.

I don’t see any harm in inquiring but then again, your having that information isn’t going to have any affect on the outcome- know what I mean?

my vote would be to only inquire if a natural opportunity presents itself or if there is something going on that your child is not happy about.

otherwise, if kiddo is happy then I’d suggest to wait until August since that’s when they already informed you decisions would be made.

I commiserate with you in the torture of the waiting! :)

Thank you!!!

If your daughter is really wanting to move up, I don't think there is any harm in asking (depending on your gym and how the coaches are about talking with parents) ... tell them you know they will make the decision in August, but you are wondering if your daughter is getting close or if there is anything she specifically needs to work on.
Understand that they wont be able to tell you definitively, but they should be able to tell you if their assessment of your DD's current skill level is in line with her own assessment or if she is overestimating her preparedness.
Thank you so much!! I appreciate the advice

I appreciate the advice. I think the coaches and the gym know best and if she is ready to level up they will in August. This forum really helps keep things in perspective.

I would ask (politely) so that you know if you need to be preparing your daughter for what to expect.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back