WAG Need Help finding Gym in CT

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. We ended up staying at ABC ( they had bought out shoreline the year we started with them). I caution people looking for a switch about checking meet result sites because many gyms are interested in high scores and will keep kids in the same level even if they have met standards by USAG to progress. DD team does not look as polished as many but she is already uptraining for level 4 and she just started 3 over the summer. They do not hold gymnasts back RT polishing. She has been so happy there and whatever they have done has caused her to be motivated and wanting to continue to improve herself for her. She had just finished bronze and the nutmeg games were 5 weeks away. We talked because she only had 5 weeks to learn all level 3 routines for the comp. I encouraged her to compete in bronze. She said she would rather not place and do the new skills. She still placed, 1st on vault with a 9.7 and 3rd on either floor or AA. I realized for us I would rather keep her where she is happy and intrinsically motivated vs be driven by the gym itself.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back