Need some healing fairies!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

Got a phone call from Olivia's doctor's office this morning. She says the doctor looked at the MRI and there appears to be a small tear in there. She wants to make an appointment for her to come in next week. I said, um, we have an appointment tomorrow! Good thing, I wouldn't want to wait a whole week. :rolleyes: Keep your fingers crossed that it's something that won't take too long to heal. She'll probably be put in some kind of brace and no tumbling or dismounts for who knows how long. UGH. I'm beginning to think she won't start out as a level 7 this season. Oh, well. I just want her to get better. Two injuries in one year is just not cool!

Aw poor thing, I totally know what this is like. Sometimes it seems that it is one thing after another.

Hopefully she heals fast. Let us know how tomorrow goes.

Oh no!! Here's hoping it is very minor and very easy to treat and heal. Tell her to follow the doc's instructions...you only get one chance to heal properly!!!

Sending healing fairies! I hope it isn't anything serious. When is your first meet? Hopefully she will have enough time to heal and still compete Level 7.

Sending healing fairies! I hope it isn't anything serious. When is your first meet? Hopefully she will have enough time to heal and still compete Level 7.

Her first meet isn't until December but she still doesn't have complete routines yet on floor or beam. She's meeting with the choreographer on October 11th. And possibly this Saturday. It's just hard because she's done nothing but talk about how she wants her own routine, to her own music, and now she can't even do them. She'll learn the dance moves and stuff but even BHS's hurt. :( I think she's tired of all the conditioning she's been doing. Her coach is going along tomorrow so I'll talk to her about getting her to do other things, like flexiblity work, etc. It will be okay. Just another set back but she's young and she'll bounce back.

She has time then. Our first meet is late November and though my dd has her beam routine, she hasn't even started learning her floor routine. She has the music but won't start learning it until this weekend.

It must be hard for Olivia to have to do all that conditioning, but she can do bars so she ought to have a kick butt bar routine! I hope the news from the doctor is good. Let us know!

Sending healing fairies. Hope it is very minor and heals fast. Injuries really suck. :(

When DD tried a level 7 meet after her L6 states, she learned the beam routine about 4 weeks before, and the floor 2 weeks before! She managed to get 9's on both, so as long as she heals, I wouldn't worry too much about the routines. Especially if she will be able to learn at least some of the dance first. DD is changing her floor, long story, someone was going to do same one, and she isn't scheduled to learn the new one until 10/15. First meet is the first weekend in November. She just listens to the music a lot to get the feel of it.

Hope she heals quickly. We are scheduled to go to Hills Classic, so maybe we can meet up again.

Good luck tomorrow.

"Hope she heals quickly. We are scheduled to go to Hills Classic, so maybe we can meet up again."

Thank you! Hope we see you there, too. We'll have to keep each other up-to-date on schedules. I'm leaving in 30 minutes to pick her up from school. I'll get on-line later this afternoon or tonight and let you know what happens.

Well, I'm back from the ortho. It appears that the ligament in her left knee has begun to pull away from the knee, didn't tear away completely, thank goodness. We caught it in time and according to him, she's already healing and 1/2 way through her recovery!! :) I wanted to hug the man. She has to wear this flexible brace thing for the next month and we'll go back for re-evaluation. She'll have to go to physical therapy for a couple weeks and then she can just do it at the gym. I'm glad her coach was there, too. She asked him certain questions and she knows what she can and cannot do. I also talked to her about her season and we may just have her compete level 6 at the first meet, depending on how far along her routines go with this injury.

Thank you all for you words of support and all your thoughts and prayers. I love my CB family!!

Well that's pretty good news. I am sure she'll be fine now!

Nice to have the coach in on the treatment, that will make the recovery better!

That's great news! How cool that the coach was there and able to hear directly from the doctor what she can and cannot do. Sending her speedy healing vibes.

So glad to hear it isn't as serious as you thought. Sending her healing vibes that recovery is quick and she's soon back to tackling those L7 routines again. How cool is it that her coach came with you, WOW!

I told her coach about the appointment and told her that she was more than welcome to come if she wanted to. At our old gym it was required that the coach be there though I don't know why. They never paid attention to what the doctor said anyway! ;) The coach even told me if I wanted to take her out early, like in the last hour of practice, that was fine. I may just do that, give her an extra hour to do homework and get to bed at a decent hour. She's going to have some serious bars skills when this is all over!

What a wonderful coach--this will also help her heal quickly! Bars is now my gymmies favorite thing since she went through the same type of injury and could only work bars--all that conditioning will also pay off :)

Hey Netty, just saw this thread. Sorry for her injury. I am glad that she is already healing, that is good news at least.

She has her first physical therapy appointment today. I'm going to make it known to them that I can only afford to bring her in a couple times. The rest she'll have to do at the gym or at home. That $20 co-pay (which isn't a lot to some people, I'm sure) really adds up. Especially when she goes 2-3 times a week.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back