Need some healing fairies!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Have been away for a while so just saw this post - glad to hear things are already starting to heal. Em's coach has told her all along that bars are the most important event to be able to keep up, that if you can keep your upper body strength with bars everything else will be OK. Just make sure your DD listens to the ortho and really gives things time to heal.

Just found your post. Hope Liv is doing better. Tell her I said to "STOP GETTING HURT!"

I'm sure she'll listen to another Mom ;-) Lord knows they don't like to listen to their own Moms.

Hope she's doing well. Kayla is doing great at Co-op. But her former teamates at you know where, are really suffering. So glad we got out of there.

Olivia's doing well with her knee. She went to therapy last night and really had no pain until it was all over. All that manipulation made it hurt. But, I think she'll be back to tumbling in a couple weeks. She meets with her Ortho next week so hopefully he'll have good knews for us. :) Her bars are looking great. Too bad I keep forgetting to take my camera to tape it. I got one of her giants but her coach is spotting her. She can do them without a spot. The other night she did 2 giants with her layout dismount into the pit, without a spot. So, bars will most likely be her strongest event this year!

Just wanted to move this up. Olivia has her follow-up with the ortho tomorrow morning. Please keep your fingers crossed that she gets the okay to start doing more at gym. She's so bored right now. Poor kid, I thought she was going to cry last night. She's had enough conditioning to last her a lifetime!! :rolleyes: Wish us luck!

Crossing my fingers for her! I watched her beam and bar for L7 and think they are awesome!

Fingers are crossed! Tell her the conditioning will surely make her stronger. When she gets the drs. release, she will move on with leaps and bounds. Two girls at DD's gym were injured-they were sisters- and both came back after months of conditioning and were super strong! Your DD will be just as strong if not stronger!:D

If it is only a small tear i should think that it would take a small time to heal as i had a grade 2 tear (not minor but not completely torn) and was only out for 4 weeks but could have gone back after 3 weeks probably (i was playing netball so a little more running and i couldn't do things for long period of time after 3 weeks) but i suspect i would have lasted a floor routine and low intensity training. Hope it doesn't take long to heal :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back