Nerves

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have been practicing a round-off back handspring with a spotter on the tumbling floor and track for the last month. And each week I am improving, and I am pretty sure that I can do it by myself now. The substitute coach that was with us last week thinks I should try it by myself, but I am a little nervous to. Should I just not think about it and go for it? How do I get over that nervousness and all?

I had a fear issue with my RO-BHS before too. Basically, I just had to trust my coach and myself and go for it. Your coach wouldn't tell you to do it if they thought you would get hurt. A method I have found works well for fear is doing it over and over with a spot, and each time, the coach gradually helps less and less, until before you know it, you are doing it by yourself! Just trust yourself and know that you can do it! Good luck!

Thank you! The coach I usually practice with has been doing that the last few weeks, but this new coach just kind of threw me to the sharks so to speak :). Thanks again!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back