MAG new L5 routines on video?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
I know the coaches have them. I have not ever seen videos online for parents to see, until season starts and people start sharing meet videos.

I did find some on the judge's site. THey have some for each level where the judges were able to practice. I have to admit...I am a little freaked out reading some of the judging and scores!! My son is used to scoring in the 15s and high 14s. These routines are scoring in teh 7s and 8s! I know the start value is lower, but I think it will be quite a culture shock for kids and families!

I can't figure out all the bonuses. So can the kid do as many as they want or is there a maximum per routine that they can do? It seems like it will be really challenging for judges to keep track of all the bonuses! I did see the video and the basic level 5 routine looks simpler than last year, but then if you do the bonuses I guess it's more difficult than last year???

I believe they can do as many/all if they can. D was talking about "maxing out" his high bar routine yesterday,meaning he could do all bonuses. The scoring looks interesting to me though. WE will find out next weekend!! LOL!

Is there any videos that an average parent can watch? I am also a little concerned about our guys who always get 14s and 15s that are now getting 9s.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back