Coaches New season worries

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It appears my gym is switching from DP to Xcel which I'm personally not a fan of at least with lower levels, but it seems that's what are whole area is slowly making that transition. I understand the pros and cons of both and could probably get behind coaching xcel as I'm not against competing xcel I just personally prefer the DP. The main concern is that the 2 other coaches are mother daughter and don't necessarily like me so none of my opinions matter as everything is voted on and they are already of the same page about everything. I coached lower level DP this season and would love to coach the upper levels but could see my boss picking the mother daughter duo as they could travel and plan together easier. I personally don't want to coach copper or bronze as in our area they all do the same routines with maybe 1 skill change. I guess just wanting to rant and get other opinions on what to do when your gym goals no longer aline with your coaching goals and when your opinion doesn't matter anymore. We do have other gyms I could coach at but it's atleast a 30min drive and I only coach part time as I have a full time job. I'm not really ready to quit coaching as I just got back into loving it but also don't want to end up in a situation where I hate it because of the gym politics.

Xcel doesn't have Copper. IGC has copper. Technically, you don't HAVE to use the same routines at the lower levels of either Xcel or IGC. Gyms do that out of convenience. Like with the littles in DP L1-3, you can have them do their routines in a line at practice and multiple girls can go at once.

If you really wanted to, you could create individual routines for each girl, but then you have to teach them one at a time. Or you could do different music, but similar routines ... or have 4 possible routines with "choice of leap" and "choice of acro."

It sounds like the things you are worried about haven’t happened yet. Those are my favorite things to worry about too but it’s really better that take a wait-and-see approach. If your job becomes unworkable, you have options and you will figure it out. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back