WAG New Skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What new skills are you/ your DD working on, or wanting to get? My Competition season is in 4 1/2 months away and there are oh so many skills I want! Bhs and ro for beam, hand full for vault, layout on floor and well for bars, I have the skills I need for level 7! If only I could ask Santa for all me new skills for Christmas!:rolleyes:

My DD can't wait to work on giants on the bars. She has a cast handstand but not connected to anything yet. She is already doing BWO-BWO on the beam and can do a single BHS on the beam. So next would be to connect two of them or bwo-bhs. Next floor elements would be the ROBHS layout and front handspring front tuck. Probably won't we working on any of them too too much until Feb or so since our competition season is just getting started. They will work on anything extra when they have done x number of routines per event and some nights go better than others with that :)

My daughter is working giants on strap and flyaways (spotted). BHS on beam, with mats built up. Just started BHS BT with permission although she's been throwing ugly ones for a few months now. Her coach also told her she's ready to start doing a half on to the vault and can start learning them at her next private.

Mostly though she's working on flexibility...always on flexibility. She seriously needs a 180 on beam to go to optionals.

My dd is competing L4. She would love to get her kip...she is close but not quite there. She is also working cartwheel and bwo on beam. She actually does better at bwo than cartwheel. However, the way their progressions work, you have test out on cartwheels before moving on to bwo. There have been a couple classes she has made her cartwheel and been able to move on, but it is still inconsistent. She seems to have more fear with the Cartwheel. She is also really excited to start working on squat-ons on bars. The idea of jumping to high bar excites her greatly. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back