Parents New Team Mom That Drives Me Nuts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

If you are not in the gym, then you won't hear here.... :)

I would drop and run. But surely your HC or the program director has a policy against parents acting like that? Ours does, and the parent could be disciplined for that.

ETA: I see you live far from the gym. I do too. Take a laptop or something and sit in a place with free wi-fi and a drink.

I would drop and run. But surely your HC or the program director has a policy against parents acting like that? Ours does, and the parent could be disciplined for that.

ETA: I see you live far from the gym. I do too. Take a laptop or something and sit in a place with free wi-fi and a drink.

I have 2 other children with me. The gym really is the only place that can accommodate me having my 5 and 10 year old without me having to spend a ton of money. Leaving the gym is simply not an option.

Ah. I also have my 8yo with me frequently and she just plays the DS.

Yeah we can't do 3 hours straight of electronics. I usually take her some books and they either read or play with some lego that the gym keeps for the kids who aren't at practice. My son wouldn't do it anyways. He needs some space to move around :)

I've experienced a very similar situation in the past and I've now learned to just drop and run. During those times that it isn't possible, I just counter with positive remarks. Granted, I use that universally. I simply don't tolerate negativity very well anywhere from anyone. I naturally prefer to look on the bright side of things - otherwise how do people get through the day?!?

That said, one mom once had me so worked up that I actually mentioned that if she didn't like it, that they should just leave then. I hadn't planned to say it, though I'd been thinking it, and I was mortified that it slipped. I don't think she ever did take my advice. ;)

Is there a McDonalds with a PlayPlace around? You could go in there (spend $0.49 per ice cream cone) and you could use the Wi-Fi while the kids play :)

I do feel for you though. We live too far to drive home too (the girls can only stay at practice most nights for 2 hours and gas costs too much to drive the 1/2 hour home and 1/2 hour back... so I stay). I was able to get a position as a "bench coach"/ assistant that does whatever HC needs me to do and she has told me more than once that she doesn't know what she would do without me :)

Meet her negativity with positivity and maybe she will zip her lip, lol :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back