WAG New years goals - Coach goals, Gym goals, Parent goals, etc

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What are your gymnasts (Or your) Goals for this new year

• Total voters
Teach athletes to improve on technique, form, and overall have a prettier look to their gymnastics. Teach gymmies to be good people...be nice to each other, encourage each other, help cheer up a teammate who may be having a tough day, & cheer for each other.

My goal for this year is to get my ROBHSBT or maybe even my ROBHSBLO. Also, I want to get a kip on bars this year. My goal for beam is a back walkover and a branny dismount. My goal for vault is a really good FHS vault and eventually a half on. Good luck to everyone with their goals!! :)

My goal as a parent is to find something both productive and free to do with myself during gym time.

My ODD says hers goals have already been met (compete as an optional and qualify for states), so she decided her new goal is to have a 10 SV on every event.

My YDD said she doesn't believe in goals- she just takes everything as it comes.

I like MILgymFAMs personal goal. I've been trying to go to my own gym a little more often.

DDs goal is to be able to bring the banner home after a meet - which means she'd have to get the highest AA of the whole team. And, of course, they would also need to place as a team.

My goal for DD is to stop hurting herself!! She is Murphy's Law in action.
I would also like her to stop doubting herself and kick some booty! ;)

My goal as a parent is to be a TZGM. (I've been dying to write that since I saw it in another thread...) seriously though it really is. Gymnastics consumes so much of my time and thoughts, and it's not even my sport! I would love to go back to the headspace I had when it was just "something DD did after school". I don't think I ever thought about it for more than 2 seconds.

My goal as a gymnast is to not get hurt (crossing fingers) and to become more confident, not just in gymnastics but in general too. I also would like to reach out for help when or if I need it - ie. if I'm scared talk to my coach, if I had a bad day talk to a teammate or coach or something, etc. My last goal is to be the best older teammate I can be - meaning support my younger teammates, have fun with them, cheer them on, etc.

. My last goal is to be the best older teammate I can be - meaning support my younger teammates, have fun with them, cheer them on, etc.

This is a fantastic goal. As the parent of a "younger" gymmie (8yo L7), she idolizes the older girls. She will come home and tell me that "Suzie" talked to her today.
Plus, sometimes they need to be taught/shown how to cheer on others, instead of just worrying about how they are doing. :)

I would guess my dd's goals are to get all her L9 routines to a 10 start value.

My new years resolution has been to get to my own gym, and be as uninvolved in my dd's gymnastics as possible.... I even tried giving up CB... Clearly, that was a fail. :\

No idea what my two want. For DD I'd guess it's to get back to doing all events without any pain. Either set up for a really good L8 year next season or maybe think about the jump to 9. For DS, it's likely more along the lines of "all the awesomeness," which would entail giant and stutz to HS on pbars, rings giants, solid tsuk, and goodness knows what else.

My resolutions are pretty much all work related. If I achieve half of them, I will be happy. I've gotten into a good groove of running either outside or on the treadmill at Planet Fitness when my beloved offspring are flipping away, so I just need to keep it up.

My wish for them is that we have a period where everyone is totally healthy and all ten events are going well ("well" = no complaining along the lines of "I suck at x"). Yeah, I know, not gonna happen, but a girl can dream!

DS the eldest will be entering the college search process this calendar year, so I expect every last nerve to be frayed by the end. It's very hard for me as a full-bore Type A personality to sit back and let him figure it out in his own way and on his own time frame, but I know I have to do it. That will be one of my biggest challenges this year. His father is already pulling his hair out in frustration.

As a coach, to be more creative with our rec. classes. I feel like I do pretty well with the little ones and my team girls, but keeping class fresh and exciting for my 10-13 year old rec kids is a challenge for me, I get stuck on working the basics week in and week out and when the kids coming hour/week just want to get to the "big" skills. So spending more time brainstorming those lesson plans and perhaps lightening up a bit- suggestions for older beginners always welcome!
For my team girls, to get all of us to slow down! I can get in such a rush with such limited time in the gym and push from one drill to the next without really slowing down to focus on weaker areas as long as necessary. For my kiddos, getting them to understand that more is not always better and to work with them at giving their best effort every time rather than racing from one thing to the next.
Beyond that, keeping everyone happy, healthy, loving gymnastics, and coaching each kid to be the best gymnasts and people they can be!

I have already met one of my goals for this year which was to qualify for state! Otherwise, I hope to move up to xcel gold and work on not being such a perfectionist.

This is a fantastic goal. As the parent of a "younger" gymmie (8yo L7), she idolizes the older girls. She will come home and tell me that "Suzie" talked to her today.
Plus, sometimes they need to be taught/shown how to cheer on others, instead of just worrying about how they are doing. :)
I may not be the "best" or even one of the higher levels in my gym; but I still want the girls to know that they can always talk to me about anything and I'm willing to help them in any way I can. And yes, they need to learn that gymnastics is also a team sport :)
Apparently I've already started this goal. When I hurt my ankle; a younger teammates mom texted me saying that her daughter had written about me (how when a friend gets hurt, it's like you get hurt too :( ) in her language arts class. My heart broke into so many pieces; especially when she continued on to ask if we could hang out (despite the 3-4 year age difference). Obviously this isn't what I'm expecting from all the girls, but that made me want to impact some other littles at our gym.

I want to become a better coach by improving in my weaker areas. My girls so far since beginning two years ago, so I know I am doing a good job. However, I know I can do better at certain things, and I know it would make a difference in our practices.

Preventing injuries is always an ongoing goal for me. So far, there haven't been any serious ones. I intend to keep it that way!

Older daughter's goal: to make the team. Younger daughter: impossible to know. My goal: to let my kids be themselves, but not let them be stopped by fear (has not been an issue in gymnastics yet, but in other activities - I almost let them quit, and it's clear now that would have been the wrong move). And for myself, to get back on a good sleep schedule and lift some heavy weights to get strong. And then have a good rowing season.

DD's goal is to get back to where she was 15 months ago before "the injury" and again be a solid level 7 gymnast, training level 8 skills.

My goal: to live like gymnastics is NOT a part of our life.

One of my goals for this year is to do a better job incorporating individualized conditioning/injury prevention exercises into my team workouts. And not just for optionals, but all the way down to my pre-team girls. Bonus if I can get the gymnasts to understand that this is a good thing, not punishment or singling them out.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back