Parents Nova Gymnastics Cedar Hill TX

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Serenity28

Proud Parent
My DD is making the transition from cheer to gymnastics. I live in Midlothian and she goes to Liberty. Liberty has a small gymnastics team but their big focus is cheer. The closest gymnastics gym to me is Nova. I know it's quite small. Does anyone know anything about this gym. My DD is interested in team.

I actually know one of the gymnastics coaches at Liberty. She is a very nice, friendly person and the kids love her. (Christina L.) Has she tried gymnastics at Liberty already?

The Nova girls team only goes through level 4, so if your dd likes it, she will need to leave pretty quickly to find another program. Have you looked at WinKids or Waxahachie Gymnastics, both in Waxahachie?

WinKids is in Flower Mound so that's 45 minutes away. Nova goes up to level 6 currently. I just want my DD to get a solid foundation. If she makes it through to optionals we can look at gyms that go up to elite later. Liberty's main focus is cheer. I want to go somewhere where they entirely focus on gymnastics. Waxachachie gymnastics...I haven't heard anything about them.

I'm not sure why I thought WinKids was in Waxahachie. We used to see them at meets and I always thought that for some reason.

I am surprised Nova goes through level 6. Their website still says level 4, and when my dd was younger, we looked at them but they were only through level 4 so we ruled them out. Do they actually compete? My dd just finished competing level 6, and has been competing USAG in the region since level 3, and I've never seen them at a single meet in four years of competing.

Because I'm totally bored at the moment I looked them up. Looks like they compete most girls in TAFF but did take ~10 girls to USAG Level 6 state meet recently.

I spoke to someone on the phone there. They have some optional girls level 6 who competed in the state meet. I was curious if anyone had any personal experiences to share. They seem knowledgable and their coaches were former gymnast

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back