MAG official getting ready for states thread!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

profmom

Proud Parent
We are 2 1/2 weeks out! And yay, states is the end of the road for us! Good, bad, or ugly as states may be, as soon as the meet is over and the boys have hopefully achieved world domination of the level 5 Olympics, they can start working on new stuff, and the pressure will be off for a little while. DS has certainly thrived this year, but I will be glad when this competitive season is over.

Are most of our L5 and ups going to go to regionals as well if they make it? And has anyone heard anything about scores for qualifying for nationals? I'm on pins and needles for one of DS's teammates, who's a first year L10 and hopes to make it.

Our 5s and up do go to regionals. We still have 2 meets before state, so our focus is still on that. I am wondering what the qualifying scores will be this year!

My son has one more local meet, and then a couple of weeks to wait until states. He's been pretty consistent most of the season, so I'm not too worried. Should be fun!

We have states the 3rd week of March and hopefully regionals the 2nd week of April...I wish we could have a tune-up meet just before but unfortunately that is not the case but DS is very excited

On the same schedule as samuel310. Region meet schedule is out and we will need to get a hotel : (
I wish the State schedule would come out so we know if that is another hotel night....

We won't need a hotel for state, but regionals is 11 hours away by car. So we are lookign at flying. Which means, we have to book now in order to have good fares, so we will just have to guess on when we go :(

I am trying to convince my in laws to come to the big guy's state meet this year. They have never seen him compete.

Skschlag, that really stinks.

We just got our regionals schedule. My son is on Friday, so he will miss school. Luckily, right now I have off that day, but if there is another snow day I will miss his last meet, like I missed his first L6 meet. Please send some positive vibes that winter leaves us and spring arrives!

Wow. I can't believe you have regionals schedule already. We don't even have state. And tehy won't try to schedule regionals until they know how many qualifiers there are!

We just had our last regular meet. Up next is south state, a little over a month away. Our L6 & L7 still have one more meet before states, but L4 & L5 are finished.

DS, age 6, level 4: just starting on this wild and crazy ride.

Jut got our State and Regional Schedule. The only one we will have to travel for is Regionals. I'm still confused about Technical Sequences though. I see the schedule for Friday afternoon for both States and Regionals. Does my son need to do both or once he qualifies for Nationals he's done? That's the only problem I have, like I said, they are both Friday afternoons which means I would have to miss work, he would have to miss school and pay for an extra hotel stay for Regionals.

@uniqueRN I think they will have to do technical sequence at both State and Regionals to qualify to compete JE at Nationals. I think they just have to do it at States so that they are allowed to do it a Regionals - no qualifying score needed. I think at Regionals they will need to get a certain score to be able to compete JE at Nationals. This information is from my son so not sure how accurate it is. :)

I haven't found a schedule for our States or Regionals. Our State meet is in 2 weeks - I would love to see a schedule.

We finally found our schedule buried on our state website in an obscure location. took 5 parents (and a couple of beers) to finally figure out where it might be. D is Sunday afternoon. I hate that time! LOL! but, it is. It will work out out. We have had our regional schedule longer than our state schedule!

We have both schedules already. States he is in the lovely Saturday evening session and Regionals Sunday am or afternoon. 7 more practices until state!

Our state has so many L5s this year that the Level 5 Machine is going to be split up. The little guys and big guys go first thing Sunday morning, and the medium guys go in the afternoon. :( DS and I are going out Saturday so we can watch the optionals and be there when his young teammate wins the meet in the morning. DS is hoping he pulls down a 65 or better, and I think he could just do it. About the only good thing is that no one is alone -- we have four guys in the morning and five in the afternoon.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back