Parents Oldest dd Srpained

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm sorry! My DD (also 10 y.o.) sprained her ankle 10 days before her first meet this year. It ended up being ok and she was able to compete. I hope your DD heals up quickly!

Thanks! she is taking Ibuprophen and Also I am using Arnica on her wrist as well! the poor kid is in pain, but at least we know it is not
broken or major!!

Oh boy, that just isn't fair. What you're doing is the right thing and she has plenty of time to heal before the meet. Can she go in for practice and just condition and do dance throughs on beam and floor?
Hope she feels better soon and is ready to rock it in Feb.

That is a bummer. I think she will probably be fine for her meet in February if she takes the time to heal. She can do conditioning and the dance part of her beam and floor routines. DD hurt her wrist before a meet last year, but it was 4 weeks before the meet and I pulled her from the meet because it was a possible fracture of the growth plate, not enough time and I didn't want her rushed back. Hope she heals fast!! Sending her healing fairies.

Growth plate fracture is not good! she did that to her hand 2 years ago playing soccer!she ended in a cast for 3 weeks! the PT after that (this kid gets hurt alll the time, I was just telling dh maybe we need to find a yoga class or something for her muscles since that is the issues that she gets hurt so easy!)

She will still go to practice and condition etc! my biggest worry is the bhs since she is new at it and all the issues with the head injury last spring!

I swear if its not one thing its another!

We are just coming off of an injury..so I understand exactly where you're coming from! She was unable to do any skills for about 2 months and she missed her first two meets. Her next one is in a couple of weeks and it looks like she's going to be able to compete. I hope yours heals well..and quickly!

Thank you!
I think it is definately healing! I am most concerned that since she tends to have a bit of fear when she gets hurt about doing things and I
swear she gets hurt at least 2 times a year! Enough allready LOL.

DH and I have decided that she needs a bit of weight training (like 2 or 3 pound weights no more for now anyway LOL)
and more daily stretching since I really believe she is stiffer than most gymnasts and her younger sister who has gotten hurt maybe 1 time and she is almost 9 (next week ) and started gymnastics when she was 2 ) its crazy how some are more prone to getting hurt than others . Thankgoodness that only 1 time warrented a cast and the concusion ended not being one and just was muscle strain! (that was super scary )

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back