Parents Only complaining here

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gwenmom

Proud Parent
Sitting here up early on a Saturday looking forward to waking up a bunch of grumpy bears here in a minute so we can do a six hour drive to a meet I can honestly say I am ready for this season to be over. DD has really struggled this year and there have been a bunch of tears. And I'm ready for a break.

The season does seem to get really long at this point. I hope the meet goes better than expected.

We have this weekend and next weekend and then we are done. State is not in the picture this year

I loathe meet season. It's so tough to keep the positivity up for so long, especially when you have a kid who isn't knocking it out of the ballpark. I am a complete pessimist, so I know it's much harder to do than say, but try and focus on the small improvements.

As for the tears... ice cream helps the kids, and cocktails help the parents (after your long drive is over of course) ;)

Hope you survived today without too much trouble! We may have to
Start an group for those of us dredging through meet season.

I agree. This season was rough...lots if nagging injuries for dd. She finally had opportunity to compete AA last weekend and get qualified to State. I wasn't expecting 10 to be smooth sailing, but I was not expecting the crappy injuries to almost cost her State.
I know I'm ready for season end lol

So funny. I was just saying today how I am so glad we don't have any more meets left! Long car rides, hotel after hotel, 7:45 check ins... See ya next year.

My DD scored out of level 4 in the first meet so she could compete level 5, and it's not been a stellar year. She had her first ever meet where she walked away empty-handed and it was a real eye-opener for her. Then she hurt her foot a couple of weeks ago and will miss tomorrow's meet, which is a first, but I'm sure not the last time it will happen. There's another month before the next meet so she's hoping to be back in competition form by then. So yeah, I understand the wish for meet season to just end already.

Awesome!!! Maybe it worked venting to us before the meet, whatever you did, glad the meet went well. How did beam go?

Beam was not her best. That's for sure. They ended up sitting for almost an hour with the backup. So basically did beam cold. The entire team was wobbly. And she felt twice. Once on her cartwheel and once on something she has never fallen on before. Still had her best meet of the season score wise.

Well, you say you want the season to be over, that you are sick of it. But if the season was yanked from your child due to injury you would miss it and regret saying it. At least that is how I feel.

That stinks when they have that long down time before and event. Bummer, but good for her for
Still getting her season high! Great job

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back