WAG Orlando Gym advise

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Broadway is on the other side east in Oviedo. Rita is not around and they have mostly lower level kids now. Brandi is south down in Clermont. Jeff or Ray and Joan would let them work out. no problem. :)

Well after all this very helpful information I have had an email from Metro saying DD can train with them & to call to discuss times! Don't know if DDs gym owner got involved or it was the fact that my email last week detailed her hours, gym she trains at etc etc whereas on the phone I just said her age & hours but either way DD is delighted as she loved the look of it & we are delighted as it's less of a drive than the others. Thank you again I really appreciate all your help. Xx

Well after all this very helpful information I have had an email from Metro saying DD can train with them & to call to discuss times! Don't know if DDs gym owner got involved or it was the fact that my email last week detailed her hours, gym she trains at etc etc whereas on the phone I just said her age & hours but either way DD is delighted as she loved the look of it & we are delighted as it's less of a drive than the others. Thank you again I really appreciate all your help. Xx

I'm glad it worked out for you!

Back to square one - no one at metro is owning up to the email I received even after I forwarded it back to them to prove it was from them!

I wonder if whoever received the email thought you were asking about moving there and setting up a trial, rather than a vacation practice. Like I said, I can kind of see how if you're in the middle of Orlando in a big gym that probably has a lot of compulsories, how it could be disruptive if you have the open door policy most gyms have. Just because people are vacationing in Orlando year round.

But like I said, most gyms will allow it, just call a few more.

They're now saying she can't train????

Yep - apologised for whoever sent the email but said no one is admitting they sent it & then what I was told on the phone. I've had no reply to the email I sent in response to their email asking why.

I wonder if whoever received the email thought you were asking about moving there and setting up a trial, rather than a vacation practice. Like I said, I can kind of see how if you're in the middle of Orlando in a big gym that probably has a lot of compulsories, how it could be disruptive if you have the open door policy most gyms have. Just because people are vacationing in Orlando year round.

But like I said, most gyms will allow it, just call a few more.

No I'd said a 3 week holiday to Disney. I too can completely understand it's just the conflicting information.

Ace had already said she could go there & I've been told Brandy Johnson is closer to where I'll be so I'm going to try there tomorrow.

I'm sorry to hear you are back to the drawing board Kate E.....ugh.

Well fellow chalk bucket friends looks like we need to invest in a gym at Disney for gymnast vacationing but want to get their gym fix. :)

I have absolutely no idea as our gym does not share that with us minion parents...school want to put her on the talented register (she's on the gifted for her academic ability that the school judged) and I'm waiting for a letter from gym to give to them and that has to include her level so I may know if school share it with me afterwards. Her gym doesn't compete the girls on the elite track until age 10 at level 3 they get them as technically perfect as they can first so when/if she gets to there I'll know!

Gosh I wouldn't bother if she is 7 and her gym doesn't compete til they are 10. Not worth the stress. Just have loads of active days and do her conditioning programme.

Gosh I wouldn't bother if she is 7 and her gym doesn't compete til they are 10. Not worth the stress. Just have loads of active days and do her conditioning programme.

That's the problem Jenny, the programme they give her is supposed to be done every day and out of our 3 weeks we only have 5 days that will give her time to do it. If we are on a beach holiday it is not a problem to fit in at all.

Think about it. She is 7. She isn't competing for another 3 years, so nearly half her life and likely longer than she has been in gym.
You are going on a super exciting family holiday.
For 3 little weeks.
A very active holiday. She will be cross training in so many ways.
I remember being given a holiday conditioning program when mine were little and not really having time for it - did it matter, nope the reason they didn't have time was because they were so physically busy on holiday having fun.

So yes if you can find a gym that will have a child that young visit go for it - mine would have loved that as a holiday day out!
But if not don't stress , she won't lose skills. If flexibility or strength are an issue for her then 10 mins a day is great on those.

If you think the club will be a pain about the extra week just tell them she will train.

Hang in there Kate. I'm sure you will get this sorted out. I commend you for trying to do this from so far a distance!

Most coaches I have met actually have the view that a short break does a gymnast a lot of good, both physically and mentally. And from what I've seen, it is true. And that's not to mention the good it does a gymnast parent.

Seriously, although I think we all know what you describe about your kid's dedication and motivation (this forum exists because of it), I would be very surprised if my kid thought about training on holiday. Proper training, I mean. Not sitting in splits and walking on hands or finding ways to do leg lifts on buildings, because that's just normal.

I think you will find that elite gymnasts at the highest levels still do go on holiday.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back