Parents Overdue L4 State Meet Results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We have been going crazy since before the end of meet season and I have been horrible about updating and posting. I haven’t even watched the video from her meet, much less uploading it to the computer in order to do a montage.

We had a lot of fun over that weekend. Madigym00’s DD competed in the session with Lil and we got to visit afterward for a good bit. It was great finally getting to talk with her. We also came back on Sunday to support a teammate competing alone and ended up staying for the next session to watch Claire’s DD who was there with her dad so I got to visit with him in Claire’s absence. Overall it was an awesome weekend full of gymnastics and visiting with lots of different people.

Lil competed Saturday at 8AM and we are not morning people, but she did really well. It was not her best meet but you can hardly complain with her having such an awesome year and still doing really well placement wise. We are so very proud of her progress and how well she did all season. She ended with 2nd All Around but did come away as the 2 time Balance Beam State Champion (woo hoo :D) with the highest beam score of the entire meet :eek:. Her scores were:

Vault: 9.1 – 6th Place
Bars: 9.55 – 2nd Place
Beam: 9.475 – 1st Place
Floor: 9.2 – 4th Place
All Around: 37.325 – 2nd Place

If you have not heard of the website - mymeetscores.com - (am I allowed to post that???) it is awesome. I was able to see that my baby girl ended up as the #4 gymnast in the State (Level 4). I personally think that is an AMAZING accomplishment for a 7 year old - WOW. We are so proud of her!!! I will try to get to the video in the next week or two and will post when its done or if you are a subscriber on youtube, you will know about it that way.

We are beyond ready to move on to Level 5 and up-training but it seems like all the girls are doing at practice is conditioning, conditioning, and even more conditioning – LOL. The new schedule will not start until June so I guess we will see what the future holds. Lil already had all of her skills for L5 so it is just a matter of putting it all together and learning the new routines. Getting over the vault table may also be a challenge as she has never been a strong vaulter. So far she has only had 1 day she has gotten to work on her major tumbling but I always leave in sheer amazement when I watch the tumbling she works on with that coach. Too bad we don’t have T&T in our area, she would have a blast with that!

We do have exciting news; it looks like our gym may be relocating into a MUCH larger facility (from just over 10,000 sq ft to 53,000 sq ft). It will be awesome if we do. There will eventually be a separate team gym area, pits for all equipment, a trench bar and in-ground tumble track and I think even an in-gound tramp. We are keeping our fingers crossed for this because our gym is so small and very cramped with rec classes and cheer going on at the same time as team practice.

Thanks for reading this far and indulging my parental bragging :D . Best wishes to all of you and your gymnasts!

Congrats to her on an awesome state meet! That new gym sounds wonderful--I hope it works out!

Congratulations to JuJu!!!2 time beam champ & 2nd AA! Way to go! Exciting news about your gym relocating. Have fun training L5 :)

Way to go, JuJu!! She is so talented!

I so enjoyed getting to meet you at Gamecock Invite and keeping in touch. It really meant so much to my DD that you and JuJu stayed for her meet and cheered her on. I really appreciate the camaraderie we can have between different gyms. That's the way it should always be. :D

Congratulations on the possibility of the new gym facility. I hope it works out. that would be great for you all!!

Have a great summer with lots of up training and we will see you next season in L5!!

I also want to thank you for letting us know about that mymeetscores.com. I have wasted lots of time playing with that site! It is very cool. I was happy to find that my DD was 3rd in the state overall for her novice division and placed pretty well for the combined open and novice (64th out of 290). I was playing around with it last night and I like how you can click on a gymnast's name and you can see all their meets and scores and their personal best. Very fun!

Congrats to JuJu on such a fabulous state meet!! How exciting about moving to a new gym :)

I enjoyed meeting you and I appreciate you watching Morgan on beam and reporting her every move to me since I was too nervous to watch :)

All you hosting next year's State Meet again?

Congrats again, JuJu and mommy!:p

It was great to talk to you and get to meet some other moms from a "rival":p gym! Send me those pictures sometime, ok?:)

The new gym sounds fab! Wow!

I also want to thank you for letting us know about that mymeetscores.com. I have wasted lots of time playing with that site!

I used to keep excel sheets with all the scores, etc for stats, but after finding that website I just go to it to look stuff up. It is also a great way to keep tabs on the competition ;) so I guess for me, the time is almost a wash. It is definitely fun to play with though and you can totally waste way too much time :eek:.

I enjoyed meeting you and I appreciate you watching Morgan on beam and reporting her every move to me since I was too nervous to watch :)

All you hosting next year's State Meet again?

It was great meeting you as well! It was fun giving you the play by play as you stood outside the door (too funny). I am sure when Lil is in the higher levels, I will be the same way.

We will bid on one or more of the state meets for next year and see what we get. I know they would like to get the Prep-Op meet because that is the money maker - LOL. With Lil slated at being Level 5 next year, I would love to be hosting the meet. I am just not sure... it was unheard of for a gym to host the same state meet 2 years in a row, so I can not imagine getting it a 3rd year. But if another gym does not want to tackle the 5-10 meet, I guess it is possible. It is nearly impossible though to make a profit running it because you have to have 4 judges for levels 7-10 (and not enough of those girls fees to pay for the judges) instead of the 2 required for levels 5-6 (and I think this was the first year the 4 judges were not used for level 6). Of course there is also the expense for the outside venue necessary to pull off a meet of that size... There is always the option of them breaking out the 5-6 portion but then you start using too many weekends for state meets. I guess time will tell... I will let you know once it is all decided and I find out (normally in July/August I think).

It was great to talk to you and get to meet some other moms from a "rival":p gym! Send me those pictures sometime, ok?:)

It was a blast talking with you... hope we did not scare you off - LOL. I do love the parents that have enough sense to be able to be friendly with us rivals. Gymnastics is supposed to be fun, especially at this level, but there are those who can take it way too seriously. Sportsmanship and building up ALL of the girls is what it should be in my opinion. Glad you are one of the moms that gets it...

I will try to add the picture of Madi & Lil to facebook tonight.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back