P &G This weekend

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Absolutely to minimize injury. Simone and Gabby are pretty much locks on the Rio team and others are definitely in the running. They will compete AA at champs and trials. Honestly most of the girls that did AA today stand no chance at the team, sad but true in a country with talent this deep.

As for why Aly did the AA, probably she is feeling the need to show her A game early on. She is definitely fighting for a spot. She is a very strong contender for sure.

Some who did not do AA have no chance either, but probably are nursing injuries.
Thank you!

I read an article that said Aly/her coach didn't want her to just compete some events. She wanted to show readiness on all events so she competed AA last night.

Watching the men on NBC is so painful. SO far we have watched more of Sam and Donnell putting on warm ups and cheering for other gymnasts than we have actually seen gymnastics. In 15 minutes we saw Sam do High bar and Leyva do Pommel. And lots of people cheering for other gymnasts. UGH!!!

That was a great view of Sam's shoulders while Paul was doing pommel....maybe they could talk about Sam while showing Paul??

I was able to video all of Donnell's H bar routine. On to hopes with all types of bans from recorders to detachable camera lenses.

Not sure I completely understand the men's process for the Olympics. Based on the final postings of results, did Danell not qualify for Trials? What's the point of the Team Points and Placement Points (i.e., does it determine who competes at trials or are there other factors)?

Reactions: sce
Not sure I completely understand the men's process for the Olympics. Based on the final postings of results, did Danell not qualify for Trials? What's the point of the Team Points and Placement Points (i.e., does it determine who competes at trials or are there other factors)?

18 guys ended up making trials...Danell was one of a few guys that were added to the competition.

18 guys ended up making trials...Danell was one of a few guys that were added to the competition.
Thanks. I saw they added him and Steve Legendre (and others). Don't fully understand the process but it definitely makes sense. The men's competition feels almost as tough as the women's team -- so many good gymnasts.

Thanks. I saw they added him and Steve Legendre (and others). Don't fully understand the process but it definitely makes sense. The men's competition feels almost as tough as the women's team -- so many good gymnasts.

I think it is. Then you also have to use 5 gymnasts on 6 events. 4 each in qualifying and 3 in finals. So the combinations get even trickier, it seems.

Wouldn't it be great if we could do it like track..send the top 2 gymnasts on each event ;) How fun would that be!

I think it is. Then you also have to use 5 gymnasts on 6 events. 4 each in qualifying and 3 in finals. So the combinations get even trickier, it seems.

Wouldn't it be great if we could do it like track..send the top 2 gymnasts on each event ;) How fun would that be!
. It would have to include top 2 all arounders as well!

No team award in track though and I kind of like the team aspect.

Reactions: sce
Only saw some of the coverage, truly seems like they worked to show as little gymnastics as possible.

One thing I have to say Akash! So excited to see him finish 4th.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back