Packing For A Meet?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Grips, wrist guards, tape, braces, any of that stuff if you need it. A water and maybe a snack. Basically anything you'd bring to normal practice and then maybe some extra hair ties and/or clips if you use those and hair spray or hair gel.

Start with the essentials (I don't know how many of these are applicable to you): grips, tiger paws, braces, floor music, warmups, team leo, and water.
Then other items you may need/want: extra hairspray, hair elastics, bobby pins, healthy & non-messy snacks, extra scrunchy, pen & notepad to write down scores (If you want to. Most people don't, but I like to put them in notes in my phone), a change of clothes for after the meet (if traveling), and any lucky charms you may have. I have a little coin with a gymnast & bible verse on it that I keep in my grip bag for practices & meets.
I'm sure I've forgotten a few things, but that'll give you an idea of where to start :)

Grips, tape, any braces you have, hair ties, hairspray, water, a snack, Bobby pins, lucky item, notepad and pen (for scores), phone, warmup, clothes, tiger paws, nail polish remover, nail clipper

Flip flops
Nail polish remover
An extra leo that looks like your comp leo (in case you forget)
Hair kit: 4 hairties that aré the color of your hair, bobby pins color of your hair,
Backpack/bag filled with stuff like tiger paws, grips, wristbands, pre wrap, rubber bands
Extra clothes for after you compete
Extra scrunchie same color as comp one

I bring:
-flip flops (because I wear sneakers to meets and if it's a long drive home I may want to wear something more comfortable)

-a change of clothes (in case you go anywhere after the meet)

-extra hair stuff (hairspray, bun net, hair ties, pins, etc.)

-tape, prewrap, antibiotic cream, band aids, nail polish remover, Chapstick, etc.

-grips

-extra wrist bands

-knee brace and self stick wrap

-two water bottles

-an energy bar

-deodorant

-a brush

-Warm ups and leotard(if I'm not wearing them)

-my makeup bag

-makeup remover wipes

And I think that's it! I keep my scores in my phone so I don't bring a notepad but I like to write them down.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back