WAG Pain when coming back from an injury

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momof5

Proud Parent
DD has been restricted all arm bearing activity for the last 5 months with a stress fracture. She got the go ahead from the Dr. 2 weeks ago. She is supposed to be easy back into things and she has been. She of course has lost lots of upper body strength. She still occasionally has some pain with certain activity. She always stops when the pain occurs. I called the Dr once about this and he didn't seem too concerned. It freaks me out though. I am wondering if anybody else has had experience with this. Is the pain from stretching the scar tissue? When she builds back up her muscles will there be less pain since the muscle can support the bone better? How long will this last and should I be concerned?

has she not been given some rehabilitation physiotherapy ? I would consult a PT about suitable activity levels to build her back up.

Hope she gets better soon

I had a stress fracture in my tibia right where it connects to the patella. I was out for a long time with no activity and when I came back, I still had pain but I was cleared by my doctor. That was 2 years ago and I still have some tibia pain when I run and when I did gymnastics on it. I have heard that stress fractures never fully heal so that might be why I still have pain/why your DD is still having pain! I don't know the severity of her stress fracture but that could very well be the reason. As long as her doctor cleared her, it is fine. She might just have one arm that hurts. Be careful though because apparently after you have one stress fracture you are more susceptible to stress fractures! I haven't gotten another one yet, but I did tear some my patella ligament twice because that spot was weak. Sorry for the bad news!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back