Parents parties

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We generally have house parties, and I always tell most people they can either drop their child off or stay with one or 5 of them, but it is in my house. REally, what I have found, and secretly what I expect, is the only adults/families who stay are the ones I want to stay anyway, generally people that we are closer with. Most parents don't want to stay if they don't know us well. I started out doing that when my kids were young, because I knew some people were funny about leaving their child at someone's house they may not know. I figured if I gave them the option then that was good. But an amusement park? Yikes! That is just rude!
The only reason I disagreed with Gymbee is because I don't think that having to decide which 7 out of 25 friends to invite to a party is a life lesson, nor do I think of it as a skill. Maybe that's not what was meant in the text, but I wanted readers to know that not everyone agrees. That's all.

It's also a cultural thing that most people overlook. Lived in Asia, and DS's Asian classmates all brought siblings. And it was acceptable. Came back to America, and things are different. It's acceptible to some, and not to others.

Overall, I think it's most important to teach sympathy and empathy. Inclusion, not exclusion. IMO birthdays are not about the parties, and it's not even about the birthday child getting what they want, it's about celebrating life in general.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back