MAG pbars question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
Men's Artistic Gymnastics
@dunno,
that's awesome! Do you have a picture of a set up like that?? I could show it to our coach!!

Pbars are going better with some advice, some honey, etc. He still isn't bailing from handstand, so now I think he admits it is a mental block. BUt the other things are looking better...finally. His confidence is back, his stutz is almost to handstand, etc. Hopefully he will keep it up!

if i knew how to do it, i would take a picture of our set up and put it here. i'll look around and see if i can find something. :)

if i knew how to do it, i would take a picture of our set up and put it here. i'll look around and see if i can find something. :)

Thanks! Our coach is pretty resourceful. He is always looking for neew ideas.

Oh, that stutz to hand has been bedeviling two of our optionals for a looooooong time! If he's close on that, it's one HECK of an accomplishment!

We do have a rig but it doesn't get a lot of use. It probably will get significantly more this summer with a bunch of guys hoping to move up and needing things like giants and peaches to support. The coach prefers plain spotting for moys to support. DS was in the rig a few times when he was working on giants, but it seemed to go better with a coach spotting him from a tall block. However, keep in mind that DS is about 70 pounds soaking wet! And he may not have escaped it for good, as the goal after regionals is to try to get the giant to handstand.

I do have to say that while I love learning all the stuff I learn on here - I get tons of "better gym area" envy!!!

We are lucky to have pbars at all at our gym....and right now the boys pommel area is in the old upstairs viewing area where the taller (as in 5-4) boys are in danger of hitting the pipes on the roof this summer with handstands/etc....its expected to be temporary until they can expand the gym....but fancy training rigs? We don't even have our pit bar back yet!!! At state DS the elder found out he was doing the wrong pommel routine...score went up a point and he placed. Younger boy spent all season doing the wrong rings dismount....although his form on rings is so weak that even with the "right", although badly done, dismount and finally all his skills he still had a low score....and we all love their coach - he's doing his best to learn levels 4-9 in one year....its just a bit frustrating sometimes to hear all the stuff other areas consider "normal"....Kind of like when DD went from being a top Level 7 at state to now realizing that without uptraining other skills she's really playing catchup - having to be with L5-6 girls for some skills just because she was never introduced to them with previous HC....its taking every bit of self -confidence that girl can muster to even step foot in that gym 4-5 days a week....where the new coach thought she would need a spot on ROBHSBT!!!! (after she was doing level 8 tumbling all summer other than the twisting being "stuck in the pit"...he figured because her front lay out - which she never tried before this winter - was still piky that she was that far behind in "everything")....ok, done with envious rant!!!

Oh well, it is only a sport - but I guess when our little region looks so woefully mismatched at nationals these are probably a lot of the reasons....few of which have anything to do with the kids work ethic or talent

We have a large gym with seemingly every piece of equipment, and I haven't seen this pbar setup.

We have a large gym with seemingly every piece of equipment, and I haven't seen this pbar setup.
I have not seen this in any gym nearby and there are a lot of them near me!

In fact, I rarely see belt systems in nay gym. I've rarely seen them near high bar or unevens, but that's it.

We have a belt system for our rings. and a cross trainer. but that is it.

We have a belt with a rig for pbars, a rig for a station that can be either rings or high bar, and a rig on one of the tramps for working on early double back drills. Glad it's available for high bar, as it will make it a tiny bit less stressful when DS starts learning releases in a few years. Coach has had him in it a bit for rings to work on improving uprises and some kind of super early giant drill. They're nothing particularly fancy and don't look like they were very hard to set up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back