Parents picked up at camp last night

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cher062

Well we picked her up last night and she was beaming. She couldn't stop talking the whole ride home, all through dinner until she went to bed. So I would say she loved this camp. Guess we found a new camp for her to go to instead of the one we use to go to. It's only 45 min from the house so no more 3 hour rides to camp.

Her goal at camp get some skill looking better. Her choice was the Yurchenco (sp?) with a pike. Well for 3 days they did the Yurchenco part and then yesterday they asked if they wanted to do the flip they were going to do for their gym they would spot them and it would be into the pit. Everyone was doing it with a tuck. My DD goes and its a Pike (which is what they are planning for her and later as she moves up to upgrade to layout and twist) Seems she was the only one doing that and it scared the coach because he though everyone was going to do the tuck. When she got out of the pit he asks her Did you mean to do a pike? She tells him yes. by that time another coach came over to tell her that her vault looked amazing and was very well done she will be ready to move that out of the pit very soon and work on landing on the floor. the first coach then says yes it was great but she scared me as I wasn't expecting the pike. So all the way home all I heard was how great this move looked and that the coach that came over to say how great it was. I guess a goal was accomplished!!

Guess we will be going back next year!

now on the 24th she will be going to BOY SCOUT camp v
for a week with her Venture Crew (co-ed program from boy scouts) She can hardly wait as they have horses and we get a day where we ride all afternoon with them. In the morning its shooting sports which she loves. There will be our 4 girls in our crew + 2 boys in our crew going. I'm told there are 3 other girls from another Crew that will be on the same site we are on so that should be fun meeting new folks.

I love when they come home telling you how the coaches told them how awesome they did!! It really boosts their confidence to get that kind of recognition!! Great job to your DD. Better start saving for next years camp!!

ok DD gave me heck yesterday because she got her Suke Pike still working on Yurch pike she still has to land that one I guess. LOL Like I know the difference it all looks the same at this point dangerous and lots of twisting. She was talking so fast I thought she said one thing and she said another LOL. Oh well. Guess that's good too.

Which camp is she going to this year? Is an overnight or day camp? We have several girls going to USGTC at Mt. Holyoke this year and the usual folks going to Woodward and IGC. Our coaches prefer that they do the summer at the gym but the overnight is such a fun experience.

Which camp is she going to this year? Is an overnight or day camp? We have several girls going to USGTC at Mt. Holyoke this year and the usual folks going to Woodward and IGC. Our coaches prefer that they do the summer at the gym but the overnight is such a fun experience.

We use to go to USGTC but their price is just way too high this year $1125 was just way out of our pocket. When we first started at that camp with my son it was like $400 a week. Last year with the Visa Championship tickets and a day there it was worth the $1000 for that week. But just the week there nope too expensive.

She went to the one at UNH and had a blast!! You can go overnight or day camp. They have 2 weeks of day camp available and they go from 8am - 9pm, The overnighter stay in the dorms. Day camp would have to pay extra for meals or they can brown bag it. She wished it didn't end on Thursday night and went to Sat but she wants to go back next year. I loved that at the end they had a "show" for the parents so we could see them in a group dance and show off some of their stuff. They had many of the team girls working with them and she won a contest. All the contests they gave away the teams old uniforms parts, old leos, old gym bags and my dd got a bag and a warm up jacket she loved that.

So she did her tsuk pike? Good for her! What level is she competing this year? And glad she had fun at the camp!

So she did her tsuk pike? Good for her! What level is she competing this year? And glad she had fun at the camp!

Yes. She kept collapsing on the landing and she just decided I guess to not do that anymore. If she has all the skills ready she will be a L8 in the fall - If not then she will repeat L7 but her routines will definitly be upgraded a bit.

Her coaches seem to act like she is right on track at this point and she has been uptrainig L8 skills for the past year. they also have had her pick new floor music (still waiting to hear which of her choices the coaches will approve) She has had her Giant for awhile now and is now practicing some type of turn with it and the release move from the high bar to the low bar. She has her floor tumbling into the pit so she just has to move it on to the floor. She just got her L8 connection move on the high beam which is big for her (its her fear event).

First meet isn't until after thanksgiving so she has 4 more months of practice to get what ever else she needs - I think she will have it - but I'm only the mom LOL.

Thanks for the info on UNH. I feel like I should make a list of recs now for next year. We would do overnight since the drive is too far for day to day but I agree with having fun and learning new skills without breaking the bank.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back