WAG Pleading My Case

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Justmehere

Gymnast
Gymnastics at my local ymca 15 minute drive starts tomorrow. 3, 1 1/2 hour classes a week for 6 weeks costs $150. My father told me to plead my case, I am also 17 years old, but can't drive myself. any ideas?

You are safe and off the streets, doing something fun and healthy at the same time. No boys, alcohol or worse involved. No more needs to be said.

Reactions: MVJ
If you listen well to the coaches, and take what you've heard home to figure out how their rants fit with what makes our bodies move.........

You'll be like a beginning hobbyist in anatomy, biomechanics, physics, and health. I really think you'll find that a gym can, and should be, a living, learning lab that requires attendance if you want to learn how to do the skills. Sure, you can just show up and have a good time, but you'd almost have to work at not thinking about how it all works.

Another thing..... exercise is good for your body.... The last time I looked, most people use a part of their body resting just above their shoulders to do some really important stuff. Feed your brain with exercise, but first feed this to daddy dear.

Gymnastics at my local ymca 15 minute drive starts tomorrow. 3, 1 1/2 hour classes a week for 6 weeks costs $150. My father told me to plead my case, I am also 17 years old, but can't drive myself. any ideas?

Ask him if he'd rather you spend that time at the gym or at parties with your friends. He'll probably come around.

Yeah tell him the benefits of you doing gymnastics and add what you are willing to do to help out around the house and maybe even get a part time job or do chores for neighbors to help offset the cost. Good luck!

I would offer to do 2 or 3 chores around the house per week. Honestly it's a win win situation for your dad though since it will keep you out of trouble and he's getting some help on top of it. He can't go wrong.

Great suggestions above. If all else fails, ask him what would it take for him to let you take those classes? I sure hope he lets you.

I actually couldn't go on Tuesday, but the next class starts today and my plan is that I get out at 3:15 and live not even 5 mins from home, so I change into one of my leotards and get ready to go and my dad gets off at 3:30 so I hop in the truck and tell him to go, we can discuss on the way since the class starts at 4:00 and he would have to sign the paperwork that I have filled out and pay. If you guys actually knew me you would know that I don't take no for answer on something I am passionate about. Also I would like to add I do have a part-time job if that is what you want to call it, I work about 26 hours a week and they have no problem with my scheduling needs, I would have paid for it myself but I had some stuff I had to buy for school, like a graphing calculator.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back